Sign in to follow this  
Guest rudychow

Where to repair earphones/headphones?

Guest rudychow

Hi guys, fresh n00b here.

I've got a little problem. My Sony Fontopia MDR-EX70SP earbuds only plays sounds through the right earbud; the left earbud is all silent! no.gif

Went down to Sony Service Centre at Wisma and they said they don't do servicing for accessories - even EXPENSIVE ones!! mad.gif

So do you guys have any suggestion about where to bring it to? Or am I basically scr*wed?? wacko.gif

Same thing happened to me. Change a new pair, friend. I heartily recommend the Sharp MD-33s, cheaper than the Sonys and better sounding.

Sharp MD33 is now price at 71 in bluetin plus $8 for shipping.. it cost more then the sony.. I recomend the panasonic inear bud anytime yawn.gif

Guest rudychow

Would really hate to spend on new buds... Is there really no place that does repairs?

I don't think the earbuds can be repaired. They're so tiny and mass produced... the parts are probably all glued into place with little chance of disassembly. How long has it been since u bought them? I've had my 70s for absolutely years! So long that the vinyl sleeve is now a little stiff and I think turning brittle too... recently the sleeve split near the collar exposing a bit of wire.

Anyway... I think you're stuck just getting a new pair...