Sign in to follow this  
pcking

Which cable for 3.5 to 3.5mm interconnect ?

Did a blind test by asking my GF to listen to her favourite tracks while maintaining all the parameters n changing only the interconnect.

Unfortunately, she was not able to really differentiate between the stock n the DIY interconnect. Sometimes she chose the DIY one, somtimes the "stock" one.

Hence this shows that the "improvement" is not significant enough for casual listeners to immediately hear the differences.

So now I am hunting for even better cables that can be used for a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect that will sound significantly better than the stock cable where even the most casual listener will hear the differences.

So any recommendation for better cables n where to get them ? Thanks.

I'm not asking U to change your source but ask your GF to listen to a MP3 and pcdp with real line-output connected to your system. Let's see if the difference is more discernible to her. If so, GIGO is the way to go!

Oh btw, I sold the Porta Corda II and kept the PA2V2 as I prefer its sonic traits.

Edited by Mackie

I'm not asking U to change your source but ask your GF to listen to a MP3 and pcdp with real line-output connected to your system. Let's see if the difference is more discernible to her. If so, GIGO is the way to go!

Oh btw, I sold the Porta Corda II and kept the PA2V2 as I prefer its sonic traits.

Will try to find time to do it but I fully understand what U meant by GIGO tongue.gif

Of course with a "lousy" source, no matter how good your interconnect, amp n headphones r, the SQ will not be improved. In fact my experience is if the source is "lousy", using high-end stuffs will reveal even more of the "flaws" as all the "details" r greatly emphasized. party.gif

By the way, what interconnects r U using now ? Any cable which is significantly better than the Belden 1696A ?

So is your PA2V2 with the "upgraded" caps ?

Thanks. beer.gif

I'm using a DIY interconnect made up of copper conductors purchased separately by a friend. I don't think other DIY cables would show significant improvement over your Belden unless U start going into silver conductors. My advice is, don't forget about the music while in the pursuit of better sound. If U tap to the music U're hearing now, your system is fine.

I've gone thru the site and the improvement mentioned are relative to Verson 1. All Version 2 sports bigger Pannie caps.

Edited by Mackie