Sign in to follow this  
DiGdUb

New Sony MiniDisc Recorder MZ-RH910

just got it a few days ago. was surprised at the low price of $359 (rrp). but i managed to get it at $339. a very bang-for-the-buck minidisc recorder, considering it has mic in, optical in and line in. the design is also very nice, but it is a bit on the thick side. the low price also meant there is no backlight for the screen, so using it in the dark is a bit troublsome. oh well, i guess it beats not have a screen (i.e. shuffle) laugh.gif . overall, well worth the price, considering other hi-MD units are selling for more than $500. party.gif

Gosh~ are minidiscs player that expensive??

the newer HiMD models are quite expensive. most are above $500. only this one is below $400. the netmd and older models are around $400+. smile.gif

hi digidub..

seen your review at head-fi. very interesting

seems you're quite a sony fan, buying this md-corder after your hd3.. happy.gif

Go take a walk around SLS, esp. a few certain electronic store. They have old (not bad) models at dirt cheap prices. I bought a Sharp MD-MT888 ( http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sharp_MD-MT770+MT888.html )at 199SGD. That was their last of their stock. The unit is a non-netmd, MDLP unit which was Sharp's 2001 model. They used to retail for more than 500 SGD (courts woodlands still has an unit on display pricetagged 500+).

I've seen some NetMD units on bargain bin prices there too.

DigDub:

I went to Sony Gallery the other day and touched one of the units. Very sweet but a little bulky. laugh.gif

I SO want one now... whistling.gifblush.gif

hi digidub..

seen your review at head-fi. very interesting

seems you're quite a sony fan, buying this md-corder after your hd3.. happy.gif

never was quite a sony fan until the hd3. cos recently sony launched players that are mp3 compatible. laugh.gif

Go take a walk around SLS, esp. a few certain electronic store. They have old (not bad) models at dirt cheap prices. I bought a Sharp MD-MT888 ( http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sharp_MD-MT770+MT888.html )at 199SGD. That was their last of their stock. The unit is a non-netmd, MDLP unit which was Sharp's 2001 model. They used to retail for more than 500 SGD (courts woodlands still has an unit on display pricetagged 500+).

I've seen some NetMD units on bargain bin prices there too.

DigDub:

I went to Sony Gallery the other day and touched one of the units. Very sweet but a little bulky. laugh.gif

I SO want one now... whistling.gifblush.gif

its a bit big, but the audio quality is superb. i could hear instruments that i've never heard before on other players when playing some mp3s usin my er6i. tongue.gif

it would have been a perfect mid-range md recorder except for the non-lit display. quite a stupid omission i say.. dry.gif

Edited by iriz