Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

Re-cabling for ER6i??

Hi all...

Is there anyone in Singapore who does recabling for ER6i? Or can it be done on my own? tongue.gif ... Or do I really have to send it back to ER? If DIY, wut cables wud you guys recommend? My use's portable solely!

There is a minor cut in the cable!! and there was channel imbalance when the cables are ruffled... til I zoomed in on the cut area and bent that area inwards (ie, a loop) which solved that problem... mad.gif

Thanks! headphone.gif

Hmm.. retraced the problem to the plug... any idea if the plug covering can be removed so I can redo up the joints? Or anywhere I can send to to redo up the joints without changing the plug? Thanks! happy.gif

Think I found the REAL fault.. nothing to do with the ER6i.. but poor contact between the iShuffle and the plug... realised this when I connected the shuffle to an amp and had to push the connector towards the side to obtain sound for the other channel... through headphone amp the ER6i gives stereo nicely..! laugh.gif (though it SOMETIMES still goes mono when I turn my head)

Anyone else with the shuffle having this problem? Possible for me to send back to Apple? Cheers!! happy.gif

Edited by dreamie