Sign in to follow this  
xchagg

Parts for a PIMETA

Hi, I'm thinking of building a PIMETA next.

Tangent is still out of the RK097 pot (the one with built-in switch). Are there local sources for this particular pot? I found something similar in RS, but the manufacturer number doesn't quite tally. Can someone take a look and see if they might be the same pot? The correct manufacturer's number should be RK0971221Z05, but is listed on RS as STRK09707.

RS Stock No.: 249-9159

As for the case, which of the following Hammonds would be a good size case to fit the board and 2 9Vs or 12 AA/AAAs? It's not meant to be portable, but I don't want too huge a case sitting on the desk.

Hammond Cases

Other case suggestions are welcome too, as long as it's plastic. (Drill not good enough haha)

On a side note, I managed to properly case up my CMOY2, LM6171, LED and all (on the 3rd Hammond case lol), except i screwed up the volume knob positioning. Is there a way to remove the volume knob from the shaft and reposition it? I was considering heating up the knob, dunno if it'll work though.

Thanks.

EDIT: One more question . . is there a local source for the Vishay Dale RN55 series resistors?

Edited by xchagg

ah well, the pot in question is back in stock at Tangent so no need for alt pots . . .

Again, is there a local source for the Vishay Dale RN55 series resistors?

And if a Tupperware is used as a casing, is there cause for worry of static electricity buliding up inside the casing and frying the ICs?

Thx.