Sign in to follow this  
dreamie

Recommendations earphones miniplug rewiring!

the ER6i's cable came loose in the miniplug while i was returning hm frm sch today... there was sound only frm a side and when i fiddled with the wires right after the plug exit, i cud get stereo! but my fingers have to be thr to sustain stereophonic! haha...

anyway, removed the plug covering and saw that many strands have broken! tried to remvoe the inner sleeve but even with a deep scratch left on the plug side and a deformed inner sleeve due to excessive clampin of the pliers, the inner sleeve still stood thr! so i've cut it off and now have a bare wired er6i! =x

gonna get a new miniplug to replace it... any recommendations? I want a straight plug... does LHS have any Neutriks or other nice plugs? preferably small in size (portable use)... how much do they cost? thanks! happy.gif

k! got it rewired! got a neutrik right angle plug!! though it's just a plug change! THE SOUND IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!!! it seems to now sound like a super-souped up er6i =x... shall try to describe the sound change here... speed has increased, with the preservation of the tinge of warmth... the low ends are getting even lower now.. haha... the timbre has gotten better... overall the ambience, separation and naturalness, wut i shld have been hearing, has improved tremendously! never expected all these frm a mere plug job! k.. downside to this wud be that i now dun have a very shiny gold plug (just love the shine of the gold as compared to my fren's plugs =p)... and the inability to read production code offhand... hehe... =p.. the plug seems too big for the shuffle though... headphone.gif

neutrik right angle got gold meh....where u get??

neutrik right angle got gold meh....where u get??

no gold... that's the downside.. haha... anyway, i'm hearing details i've nv heard b4.. maybe cos due to the better separation! cool.gif