Sign in to follow this  
Kube

My take on MD33's..

Currently burning-in...and I have to say it's better than anything I've heard so far. The first thing I notice is the excellent isolation. I can't say they have the isolation quality of proper ear plugs, as I can hear background noise when the sound's turned down, but when it's at nominal volume it's shows it's mettle.

Sound wise, I found the bass a BIT lacking...but maybe I'm too used to my previous earphones. Have to turn it up a bit to hear the deep tones of a cello. Other than that, the mids and highs are crystal clear. Gonna get my hands on a Ety and shure at the end of the year to compare biggrin.gif

One thing that bother's me a bit is the microphonics. Not as good as a stock pair. It seems like vibrations are channelled to the ends and comes out as 'thuds'. For example, when I was walking home today, my footstep 'thuds' were audible. Another small nitpick is the length of cable. A tad too much.

Other than that, this has been one of the best buys I've had this year (the other being my hd280pro)

Hi..

interested in the MD33s.. how much did you buy it for and where?

Thanks.. can't seem to find it around

Hi..

interested in the MD33s.. how much did you buy it for and where?

Thanks.. can't seem to find it around

you can buy the EP-630 from Creative at Creative HQ in International Business Park at Jurong East. they are the same as md33 except for a one piece cable and the Y-shaped cord.

Holy crap...just tried method 2, stretching the foam over the grill...bass is DEFINITELY deeper. It's sharp, powerful and quite satisfying overall. Tempted to try method 1, but scared. Don't want to hurt my wallet again. Would you mind doing it? biggrin.gif

Holy crap...just tried method 2, stretching the foam over the grill...bass is DEFINITELY deeper. It's sharp, powerful and quite satisfying overall. Tempted to try method 1, but scared. Don't want to hurt my wallet again. Would you mind doing it? biggrin.gif

i've tried it for both the sharp and creative phones, cos i started the mod one. i prefer the sound of the foam inside the tbe mod over the placed over it mod. the sound is diferent. smile.gif

hmmm noted