Sign in to follow this  
Kube

Thinking of getting a PX200...

I found someone selling a pair a nice price of 80 bucks, second hand. From what I've read, a second hand px200 is better, because it's already burnt in. Just asking how does it compare to the sharp md33's, in terms of isolation, freq response, comfortability.

I thought you can get a new pair around SGD99, maybe you can bargain a little bit. Burn in do sound better but am I right that you burn in yoursel & feel the transition from b4 to after, then you can appreciate & enjoy it, just an opinion rolleyes.gif

So sorry Kube, I dun own both of them so can't provide the comparison. i do own AKG K26P & found the sound quite fun & enjoyable compare to my KSC75 & EX71, fyi, I only burn in the phone less than 10 hours. By the way, you can go to Hung Bro to try it out, they have a demo set there & it only sell SGD 69.

Sound quality leh? Is it as bassy as the md33? I know senn's tend to be clearer on the mids, but just asking about this one. Anyway, will audition tomorrow.

i have a pair lying around... its.. PRETTY bassy, but does not have my desired depth for bass

the earcushion provides a BIT of isolation, i have a pair lying around dont use them anymore

btw the ear cushion, if you dont use for a few months.. the cushion may dry a bit and the lining will break.. :/ not really replaceable..

Hmm...anyways, does Hung Bro's REALLY sell the pair at 69? I mean, the last time I saw it, i cost about 100+

For Senn PX200, it depend on what music your listen to. If i am not wrong it hardly to perform well in Heavy metal , techno , Heavy Rock and etc. I use it to listen to Jazz , new age ,pop and classical.. I just like it smile.gif Those are my personal view.

I do compare it with Senn MX550 and Creative's 630. Difference phone give me difference feeling smile.gif

Lol. When to audition both cans today. The PX200 provided no isolation, or just didn't fit my head no matter what angle I turned it. Also noticed the lack of bass. The padding, I feel, is a bit too light, that's why there's not enough isolation.

Tempted to buy the cool looking ATH-EM7 from Audiotechnica, but costs a bomb. Also cannot test. So I decided to go for the 69 buck AKG. First impressions are that the bass is VERY noticable, quite pronounced. The mids and especially the highs were a bit muddied. The lows however, were warm and generally sounded good. Isolation's better than I expected, definitely better than the PX200, though it does get uncomfortable after a while because the cans put pressure on the from of the ears. Decided to buy this one instead, and let it burn in to see what happens.

Lol. When to audition both cans today. The PX200 provided no isolation, or just didn't fit my head no matter what angle I turned it. Also noticed the lack of bass. The padding, I feel, is a bit too light, that's why there's not enough isolation.

Tempted to buy the cool looking ATH-EM7 from Audiotechnica, but costs a bomb. Also cannot test. So I decided to go for the 69 buck AKG. First impressions are that the bass is VERY noticable, quite pronounced. The mids and especially the highs were a bit muddied. The lows however, were warm and generally sounded good. Isolation's better than I expected, definitely better than the PX200, though it does get uncomfortable after a while because the cans put pressure on the from of the ears. Decided to buy this one instead, and let it burn in to see what happens.

maybe its your ear size tongue.gif

i've much smaller ears, and it does isolate for me a little, and when it traps air, the bass response is there laugh.gif

but i've long retired them didnt really like the sound. smile.gif

The k26p feels...adequate. I can't take the pinch on my ears though. Get's very irritating and painful after a while, so I have to take them off. Also, doesn't really suite my genre of music, which is mostly jazz and instrumental, which of course requires clarity of the mids and highs. Odd though, everytime I listen to it and then change back to my md33's, the latter sounds light and shallow.