Sign in to follow this  
Kube

Thinking of getting a PX200...

cool i like my akg k26p too, it sure has punchy bass and lacks mid and high but that really makes all the treble sounds smooth to me. it's like there's no sharp edged sound that hurts your ear.

now everytime i listen to my pcdp, instead of boosting the bass, i'll boost the treble. with that the phones sounds better to me but even though i enhance the treble, the phones still sound smooth.

the fact that the phones are supra-aural need some time to adjust to but overall i feel it is quite comfortable. compared to my old koss ur30 full sized phones, i can listen to music longer without feeling too hot on my ears.

boy i really like the phones

headphone.gif

Once you've tried on some md33's, it's really hard to give praise in comparison. So far, I haven't encountered any cans which can compare to the isolation, clarity and depth that they provide. *Peeks at ATH-CM7*, wonder these will match up....? Sigh...the only thing bugging me for my md33's are the long wires and the terribly sensitive microphonics, so walking and listening to my zm with them is irritating. Plus they're pretty fragile.

Correction: Not the ATH-CM7, but there was one audio technica foldable that cost 115 that looked really good.

Edited by Kube

Kube,

You mentioned that you mostly listen to Jazz and Intrustment, i think PX200 suit you.

I am PX200, mostly listen to Jazz, Classical and Instrumental. As for isolation, if you place it nicely should be ok (yet to try it on walk or train). I use it in office. When i put up PX200 (with medium volume), I can't hear my collegue call me untill he touch me....... sleep.gif

Maybe you should give it a try tongue.gif

I did, for a moment. Didn't exactly fit, so didn't experience any isolation. I don't exactly have any specific genre. Looking for an all-rounder, basically.