Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

PPAv2 or maxed Pimeta

What is the total cost of a PPAv2.

The pimeta I am going to build est. $250 - RK27 pot = around $210. If the cost of PPA and pimeta the price gap doesnt varies that much. I maybe will scape the pimeta project and get started on a PPA.

I would suggest you begin on the PPA if you have the money. I think its a more worth while investment, with the various upgrades u can add on later.

If i remember correctly, it costs around 300-400 in parts alone? Somebody correct me on this?

Hope it helps, cheers!

Thats a great price to start with. If you have the technical ability, i say go for it. I really like the PPA. Is your version the maxed out PPA with all options?

Thats a great price to start with. If you have the technical ability, i say go for it. I really like the PPA. Is your version the maxed out PPA with all options?

It is basically everything without the bass

What am i trying to do now is to balance the cost and needs....

I not a audio head but if the cost is almost there y not make a jump

ppa2 is cheaper than ppa1,because the three solid buffers drop 30% cost:-)and I think solid buffer is more fun for diyer.

ppa1's 12 ha3-5002 chip is tooooo costly.

I am going to build it by myself.

photo attached.

post-12-1125902593.jpg

ask on headfi buying and selling for 2nd hand elantec buffers then maybe ppav1 would be a viable option for you? headphone.gif

i think the ppav2 is a lot harder to build and setup then ppav1 and m3. especially if you're a relative newbie.

the m3 has fewer parts, easier to build and setup but costs slightly more (fewer optional parts) then the ppav2, the mosfets and heatsinks are pretty cheap from AMB though (cheaper by a lot then farnell and RS in aust for the mosfets, cant get the heatsinks here) he offers the jfets needed cheap and matched too. i think it sounds a lot better then a ppa either incarnation. i want to build another one!

if by standard you mean the 1455N1601 (160x100) i would say no, you want the 1455N2201 (220x100) it'll give you some more room to breath smile.gif

nb: the ppa board is 160x100.

digi: is that board/version one of your own designs?

very nice work smile.gif is it modified much from the ppav2 board that morsel and tangent designed?

i'll have to find some time in the future to build one of your designs. the zen and the earmax look really cool party.gif