Sign in to follow this  
gfgfmoses

Where can i fit my K1000 with a XLR terminal?

hi, guys

just received my K1000 from a friend and now i need some info

if anyone may help to have the information that where can i fit my K1000 with a XLR terminal? mine only have the cable out of the headphone and thats all, so i need to find a XLR terminal to "put on"

anyone may know a place to do that? whats the about charge of it? or if anyone kind enough to help and make one for me, surely i pay for ur awesome works:wub:

PS: i m looking for a connecting cable with 4-pin XLR connector and unterminated leads for SPEAKER OUT terminals. Original ones or DIY ones r all welcome.

thanks~

Moses

Edited by gfgfmoses

have you looked at what larry at headphile has to offer?

sorry for my innocence.

whats that?

thanks

WT* send ur cans to headphile for a simple mod. silly imo.

maybe the LHS guys that seem to build cables for most could help u out reterminating.

SLT 2nd LVL

thats the place u told me just now?

i c i c....

would u pls tell me whats the charge they usually give for that? i mean add a 4-pin XLR terminal to the cable.

thanks biggrin.gif

Edited by gfgfmoses

I have DIY a 4-pin XLR to TRS headphone jack before. Not sure is the 4-pin XLR terminal easy to find. I got mine from a shop few stores away from Hungs Brother at Sim Lim Square. This shop display lots of connectors in the display cabinet. I think the 4-pin XLR connector is used for microphone cable but I am not sure.

Also the termination I believe is not common so do bring along the instruction that came with the AKG K1000 to make sure they solder correctly. Basically the 4-pin signals to K-1000 consist of 2 for left channel and 2 for the right channel. So when solder to the headphone jack will be left positive, right positive and the 2 ground signal solder together.

I have DIY a 4-pin XLR to TRS headphone jack before. Not sure is the 4-pin XLR terminal easy to find. I got mine from a shop few stores away from Hungs Brother at Sim Lim Square. This shop display lots of connectors in the display cabinet. I think the 4-pin XLR connector is used for microphone cable but I am not sure.

Also the termination I believe is not common so do bring along the instruction that came with the AKG K1000 to make sure they solder correctly. Basically the 4-pin signals to K-1000 consist of 2 for left channel and 2 for the right channel. So when solder to the headphone jack will be left positive, right positive and the 2 ground signal solder together.

many thanks wub.gif