apox77

Another Need Your Help Request

Hi there I'm from New Zealand and I have a pretty low budget and hope to get a decent one: The following are the one's that retail for $50 N.Z Dollars.

Sony MDRXD100

Sennheiser HD201

Altec Lansing AHP512I

Sennheiser PMX40 (10 Bucks more)

Sony MDRV250

So far Sennheiser HD201 as I"ve heard is the best for this price range.

I'd just like a bit of help with getting myself a new pair as I spend quite alot of quality time with them or plan to, so comfort is also something to consider but not all that important.

If someone could just guide me over here.

Edited by apox77

Hi apox77,

Welcome! Your first post here. tongue.gif

I think you aren't needing any guidance but an assurance since it's very much reflected from your post that you've given good words to the HD201. Go for it. cool.gif

Question how much better is px 100 compared to the hd201. It's twice the price of the hd201 exactly. Saving up for those would be an option. Have you used them charismatic? hmm

Hey thanks Yea First Post smile.gif

Hope to be in here a bit more holiday.gifheadphone.gif

Hi apox77,

Are you able to get a listening session with the cans you have shortlisted over at New Zealand? That would really rule out alot of doubt from you as well as provide the answers to your questions.

I have been using px200 for travelling and I got a hd200 that I use occasionally at home for PC games. I tried the px100 during the time when i was getting the px200. The px100 is semi-open and it sounds more airy and less congested than the px200, in quiet surrounding. But it's meaningless when wearing it in a noisy surrounding such as in the bus/train.

Question how much better is px 100 compared to the hd201. It's twice the price of the hd201 exactly. Saving up for those would be an option. Have you used them charismatic? hmm

Hey thanks Yea First Post smile.gif

Hope to be in here a bit more holiday.gifheadphone.gif

HD201 is closed and PX100 is open.

Hd201 has a more upfront presentation and has a well balanced sound. Its not gonna excite or break any records but at that price, its one of the best headphones. Impressive!

PX100 is a mini headphone. More portable and comes with a hard case. It has a laid back and warm sound. Bass is quite awesome, better than the 201. Treble and mids recessed. It sound sweet to me. party.gif Yes, its better and have a wider soundstage than the 201s but it leaks like hell.

Both of them sound quite different. You gotta try to audition one.

Hey I managed to buy a px100 for half the price smile.gif. It's pretty awesome and pretty audible to which I don't mind. Good for on the go. What Can I say I'm pleased with em. Guess You were right Charismatic, Didn't need guidance just assurance.

party.gifheadphone.gifkicking.gifwhistling.gifyeah.gif