Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Waiting for my Virgo

Placed the order under hansel's mass purchase, many thanks dude. happy.gif

Now i am anticipating the arrival of my Virgo. wub.gif

user posted image

http://www.my3c.net/product/detail.asp?gid=7&ky=&pid=1372

Fully discrete design Jfet input and transistor output, just like Gilmore.. wonder how it will sound compare to Gilmore.

For the price, this is really a bargain, with high-speed shunt type regulator and DC servo build in. Wow.. really worth it.. and it comes with a transformer!!!

user posted image

user posted image

Sorry, don't read chinese too well, especially the taiwanese traditional chinese. Is this a headamp? HOw does is sound. From the price listed, it's really value for money. Does it comes with all the components, i.e. caps and transistors? And most importantly are the transistorss matched.

jtfoo, yes this is a headamp cum preamp, the kit includes everything you need to power it up... all the components and even the transfomer. tt's why i said d*mn worth it...

as for the transistors, I don't think any DIY kits seller will provide you match pairs... and that's why the circuit include one DC Servo to cancel out any DC casused by non-matched transistor.

jtfoo, may be you should consider one too. wink.gif you are among the pro-DIYers in this forum.. "lao jiao"...hahaha cool.gif

Thanks HY for the info. For the price, I'm very tempted, but have to put on hold everything. Need to tome down on DIY and spend more time with my kid and wife..