Sign in to follow this  
Gahman

I need assistance!! PA2V2

Hello forumers, I need a favour. I have been the proud owner of a PA2V2 for a year or so and I am very happy with it.

However, due to overuse and an accident My precious little amp has ceased to function. What happened was I was listening to my amp and it dropped and hit the floor. The headphone socket was internally damaged but i managed to fix it temporarily.

Now the headphones socket has a problem contacting with the plug I think, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I need someone who's experienced with electronics or with the PA2V2 to look at it. (Heady maybe you could help me...)

PM me if you can help. Much appreciated!!

Oops, I guess I don't need help anymore. I looked at the circuit board and tested some of the connections and found that the jack's soldering was loose. Soldered back already and it works fine again biggrin.gif

Thanks all.

Self trouble-shooting. Well done. If in future the jack is giving you trouble (will happen one day after all the insertion/pullback of plugs), just replace it.

Self trouble-shooting. Well done. If in future the jack is giving you trouble (will happen one day after all the insertion/pullback of plugs), just replace it.

You mean the exact jack component ban be found in SG? I may need help then cos I know some basic soldering but removal not so much...

It should be widely available. If you have a soldering tool, you might as well buy a desoldering tool (commonly known as "sucker" in my time). Melt the joint and then use it to suck the solder from pcb.