Sign in to follow this  
Qsilver

Beyer DT770??

Hi all beyer gurus,

Need advise on this model. Use mainly on Hip/Hop, Rap & Chemical Bros like music.

I know there are the 80ohm & 250ohm models. Which is better when couple wif a portable amp?

Heard that there is a 32ohm version, but its a BTO only.

Is that available for us in S'pore?

Price range? Can I have a hearing session before purchasing?

May I know where/which shop that sell beyerdynamic headphones?

Lastly address please.

Thanks in advance!

Only DT250 has an 80ohm and 250ohm option, DT770 has impedance of 250ohm. Only DT770M is available at 80ohm but its sonically tailor made for drummers and soundmen, not meant for music as the higher frequencies are rolled off to accentuate bass details. Price of DT770 at Anything Audio is around $290 now.

Please proceed to Anything Audio (relocated to new shop called Sonovox) on 3rd floor, Parklane Shopping Center for price and audition. They carry all Beyerdynamic mics and cans. Alberts is the man.

Edited by Mackie

What about the DT770Pro? It has version of 80ohm & 250ohm.

Suitable for music? As its under the "Music & Performance" page in beyer official site.

From the specs between both, the diff is the headband pressure.

DT770 = 2.8N , DT770Pro =3.5N.

Thanks.

Its the same dude, Pro and consumer versions are of impedance 250ohms. I don't know where u got the idea 770 is available in 80ohms. FWIW, I'm using 770pro with my portable PA2V2 amp and Panasonic SL-CT720 disman.

Agree on the headband pressure but difference is slight.

Sorry was reading the Beyer official website, its stated there about the DT770Pro having 80ohm & 250ohm.

Versions

DT 770 PRO, 250 ohm

Order ID: 459.046

DT 770 Pro, 80 ohm

Order ID: 474.746

Glad to hear that difference is slight happy.gif

[showUID]=44&tx_sbproductdatabase_pi1[showUid][backPID]=68&cHash=8a2dce0c1a]Here

Edited by Qsilver

In which case, the 80ohm is not available in Asia as most in the pro audio industry prefers higher impedance as this translates to greater threshold against signal spikes, which means the transducers will be able to handle higher spl (sound pressure level).

But to be really sure, please consult with the retailiers. Personally I've not seen the 80ohm DT770.

I was referring to DT770 consumer and DT770 Pro............Latest 2005 version only applies to consumer version. The pro version stays the same cloaked in All Black.

I also noticed some kind of confusion with the current and latest series in DT770/880/990. Here's a link for reference.

http://www.beyerdynamic.com/cms/Premiumline.105.0.html?&L=1

History lesson? DT770/880/990 have come a long way.

http://www.beyerdynamic.com/cms/History.116.0.html?&L=1

Edited by Mackie

hi, i wanna ask is there any Sound quality differences between the dt770 models of 32ohms, 80ohms and 250ohms versions, like eg. the Bass might be stronger in the 80ohms model than the others?