Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Audio Technica ATH-W5000

Just like to know the W5000 got 2 edition ? Limited & Production ?

If yes, what is their difference in SQ ?

Just call up Stereo Electronic to check on W5000 price. The girl told me its $1350 ( Limited Edition ).

Thanks.

Just like to know the W5000 got 2 edition ? Limited & Production ?

If yes, what is their difference in SQ ?

Just call up Stereo Electronic to check on W5000 price. The girl told me its $1350 ( Limited Edition ).

Thanks.

Actually there's only one version unless I'm wrong too. :blink: Based on Audio Technica Singapore, its indicated on my invoice as LTD aka limited edition like the ATH-A900LTD.

I'm pretty sure there's only one version. The A900LTD don't cost $1350 either. The W2002 and the L3000 are limited edition though...

Edited by milkpowder

I'am dead sure its not Limited. Only the A1000s and A900LTD and W2002 and L3000 as well as some other woodies and models are limited and AT always state Limited on thier cans that they want to release as a limited edition one.

One observation from a recent meet is that the W5000 can have different head bands. Mine is smaller and fits better while the other one was larger.

I'am dead sure its not Limited. Only the A1000s and A900LTD and W2002 and L3000 as well as some other woodies and models are limited and AT always state Limited on thier cans that they want to release as a limited edition one.

Edited by slwiser

One observation from a recent meet is that the W5000 can have different head bands. Mine is smaller and fits better while the other one was larger.

Might it be manufacturing differences or different batch and so on? Cause there's no limited edition at all on them cans. Which is another reason why I'am in no hurry to get them...I've shifted my attention to the O2's and amps recently and have been eyeing the DHA-3000 amp by ATH recently...Managed to find a piece of each...Also, I found a L3000G for a pretty decent price...Looks like a busy christmas!! :rclxub:

Might it be manufacturing differences or different batch and so on? Cause there's no limited edition at all on them cans. Which is another reason why I'am in no hurry to get them...I've shifted my attention to the O2's and amps recently and have been eyeing the DHA-3000 amp by ATH recently...Managed to find a piece of each...Also, I found a L3000G for a pretty decent price...Looks like a busy christmas!! :rclxub:

yeah man.. i don't mind to act as santa and go your house.. haha :lust: so many good stuff...

yeah man.. i don't mind to act as santa and go your house.. haha :lust: so many good stuff...

dont rich ppl just make u sick! :yuck: it does to me..sick with envy :drool: ! hehe! only kidding razor dude..we all just wanna be u :thumbup:

on the subject of W5k fit, mine's fit very loosey goosey and i dont believe i have a midget head. howeva, i dont find that the fit has any sonic deficiencies. while pressuring my ears by compressing the 2 wooden cups with the hands do make the bass abit deeper, i find the bass sans hand pressure just fine. if its lacking, dont blame the W5k. it waznt in the recording in the 1st pl :party:

dont rich ppl just make u sick! :yuck: it does to me..sick with envy :drool: ! hehe! only kidding razor dude..we all just wanna be u :thumbup:

on the subject of W5k fit, mine's fit very loosey goosey and i dont believe i have a midget head. howeva, i dont find that the fit has any sonic deficiencies. while pressuring my ears by compressing the 2 wooden cups with the hands do make the bass abit deeper, i find the bass sans hand pressure just fine. if its lacking, dont blame the W5k. it waznt in the recording in the 1st pl :party:

Not rich lah...But seriously, I wonder if AT's facing a problem with QC....Since the L3000 bass defect problem saga till now, the W5000 headband problem...Hmmzz...But can't deny that they make great headphones....(I'am also more of an AT fan...)