Sign in to follow this  
zilk

Ipod to amp.

Hey all i own a Rotel amplifier set-up and i would like to know how to connect my ipod to the amp. what sort of cables would i have to get? headphone.gif

zilk, simple, iPod is mini jack output, find one Y-cable, one end terminated in stereo mini-jack (from iPod) and the other end, is 2 RCA(to go into Rotel's auxillary input). I dont see the rationale to buy a Denon docking station that cost 80 Pounds while the Y-cable can be bought for less than $30 (check around hardware store, if not, Parklane shop has the Klotz version for sale

hey thanks to both of you for the replies. don't think i'll be gg for the docking station cos' i'm really tight on budget. the amp set-up was passed to me from my dad actually.

by mini jack output, you meant the headphones output right? i'm really a noob here. and the auxillary input is the 2 red and white inputs right? is the klotz version any good?

To fully exploit the potential of the amp, a dock with a line-out would be necessary. Basically elmo is talking about a mini to RCA cable. I think for an iPod playing lossless files, it doesn't really make a big difference so you can buy the cheapest one you can find (with reasonable build quality) and save the money for a dock to get better sound.

Huh? I am saying buy the cheapest mini-RCA cable you can find (with reasonable build quality) and save the money for a dock to get better sound.

Yes. And btw, there are some reasonably priced docks around, you don't have to get the denon docking station.

EDIT: My 777th (lucky 7) post!

Edited by Absolute0

any recommendations?

the stuff we get at the apple stores are usually overpriced and they rely much on their looks to sell i feel..