Sign in to follow this  
Absolute0

Super "X" collectors bundle

Hi guys,

Just checked out Jaben's post on the Super "X" collectors bundle (Valid for 21st ~ 27th May '06) and the price is seriously tempting. I have 2 friends who have indicated their interest in the following:

1x Alessandro MSPro &

1x AKG 701

I hope it is not against the rules (if so, mods pls feel free to delete this thread), I was thinking of organising a "MO" of sorts, so that we can share the price of the bundle, and the joy of new toys!

The following are up for grabs:

1x Alessandro MS2

1x Alessandro MS1

1x beyerdynamic DT990

1x beyerdynamic DT880

Please research the price of the item you are interested in, and PM me the price in SGD you are willing to offer. You are welcome to reserve more than one set of cans. Note that the price of the bundle is S$2,699.

I have to make it clear that this is NOT an auction. I would be doing my own research, and the first person to offer a reasonable price for the item would hop on the bandwagon for this MO. No lowball offers please (I must stress the importance of price research smile.gif ), and only successful MO'ers would be notified by PM.

To make this transparent, all winning offers will be posted in this thread at the end of the MO (before the actual purchase is made) so that you know that I am not getting the MSPro and K701 for free.wink.gif

My friends and I would be going down to purchase the cans on Saturday, so you can either choose to meet us there on Saturday, or do a bank transfer beforehand and I can arrange to pass you the cans on another day.

The MO can only proceed if all the cans are spoken for. I would be calling for buyers for unreserved cans, as well as updating the reserve status of all the cans in this thread, so do watch this thread if you are interested in this MO.

Thanks!

To start the ball rolling, my friends have pledged more than $1000 for the Alessandro MSPro & AKG 701 and would most probably be topping up any shortfalls. You can do the math.

Note that since the offer is only valid till 27 May (this coming Sat), you'd have to act fast! If there's a can you have been eyeing, there's no harm making an offer. happy.gif

EDIT To respond to some queries, $1000 is just a baseline, because I need to elicit a realistic offer from the rest, and posting their actual offer (which btw is more than $1000 by a fair margin) would damage the chances of this MO actually happening by attracting lowball offers.

This is also to be fair to them as I have mentioned, the winning offer will only be revealed at the end of the MO. The same goes for every one of the cans. I assure you they have done their price research and their offer is fair.

Edited by Absolute0

I have offers for the MS2, DT880 and DT990, albeit rather low ones. yawn.gif 3 more days to go!

Please do not ask me for the highest offer, since I already stated that this is not an auction. Shoot me your best offer and I'd tell you if it is reasonable. Thanks!

Btw the MS1 is a great can for those new to the hobbie, widely acknowledged to be comparable to, if not better than, the Grado SR60/80 FWIW.

There have also been some reviews on the Beyers in the forum so check those out.

Last call. Based on the current offers I have, I doubt the MO is going to happen. no.gif

Probably a little late, but I now have reasonable offers for the MS-1 and DT-990. Any takers for the DT880 and MS-2 for $380 apiece? (both retail at abt $500).

Wilson (Jaben) has been kind enough to grant an extension until this coming Monday, so there's a little more time for you guys to make offers. Since I already have reasonable offers for the MS-1 and DT-990, I am only asking for DT880 and MS-2 offers for now. Cheers!

Edited by Absolute0

I'm surprised no one is biting! We are talking about really excellent cans here. The MS2 is a sweet spot in the Grado/Alessandro line, great for rock/pop, and very affordable at the MO price. The DT880 of course needs no introduction - it's a well-reviewed veteran often placed in the same league as the Senn HD650 and AKG K701.

I may have an offer for either very soon, so for those still considering, act fast.

Edited by Absolute0

Still need offers for DT880.

Also, my friend is reconsidering whether to get the MS-Pro so anyone interested can make an offer on that as well.

Anw can those already on the MO please PM me your preferred method of payment? --> bank transfer or meet at suntec city where Jaben will have a booth this Saturday. Thanks.

Edited by Absolute0

Last call for the DT880. I'm afraid this MO might fall through if I still do not receive an offer by tomorrow.

Anyhow, please do visit Jaben's booth at Suntec City this weekend and you might get a very good deal on the cans in this MO.

Ok I'm sad to say the MO would not take place (unless I receive a reasonable offer for the DT880 by tonight). Thanks to all those who made offers.