Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Advise on Senn HD280 Pro Headphone Upgrade ?

Hi, I had been using Senn HD280 Pro with my Iriver H340 for 1.5 years. I was thinking of upgrading my headphone.

I am thinking of AT W1000. Any opinion ? Heard that the bass might not be better than my Senn HD280 Pro.

I would be using this outside while travelling.

Just like to know how is the sound difference betwwen AT W1000 & W5000 ?

Is it advisable to get the W5000 while travelling as its expensive & really afraid that it will be damage ?

The ATs, if the A900 tells me anything, will not isolate better than the HD280 Pro. The 280 Pro has one of the highest isolation coming from a closed can.

I'm not sure about the sound department, since I've only tried the A900 and AD700, and not the W series.

With regard to the AT Woodies though, though I don't own them, I would heavily suggest against using them for travel. From photographs alone, their wood finishing seems... exquisite, with a very strong air of class and elegance. Perhaps good for showing off when travelling, but even if a single, tiny scratch or dent were to make it to the wood, I think I'd cry (if I owned one).

The ATs, if the A900 tells me anything, will not isolate better than the HD280 Pro. The 280 Pro has one of the highest isolation coming from a closed can.

I'm not sure about the sound department, since I've only tried the A900 and AD700, and not the W series.

With regard to the AT Woodies though, though I don't own them, I would heavily suggest against using them for travel. From photographs alone, their wood finishing seems... exquisite, with a very strong air of class and elegance. Perhaps good for showing off when travelling, but even if a single, tiny scratch or dent were to make it to the wood, I think I'd cry (if I owned one).

Yeah, I think I will also feel plainful if scratching the W1000 for travelling. Any other suggestion ?

How about A1000 ?

Is this exactly the same as W1000 but in plastic form ?

I read that A1000 is more better in playing pop song & the W1000 is better for classical.

Thanks.