Sign in to follow this  
ahdui

Very Puzzled, need help.

went over to jaben ytd and got so puzzled on which cans (whether open of closed) to decide

-AKG K81DJ (can go well un-amp)

-Alessandro MS (currently more into this)

-ATH-ES7 (havnt tried out)

-many others i tried but i forgotten them =x

or are there any recommendations, it hink my budget max is $280 and below.

and i would like to get an amp too, cant decide too. (need recommendations, preferrably tube amp)

was really puzzled -.-

oh ya forgot to say its for home use, more for bedtime lol

Edited by ahdui

I was there too yesterday before you and I spotted a Little Dot I and Little Dot II over there, have you tried them? Jaben keeps the Little Dot II behind his computer, hee hee... you can ask him..

damn i didnt try the little dot II :(

i only played with little dot I

when was u there?

i was there around 3-4 i guess and stayed there for quite sometime.

Edited by ahdui

I was there before noon, LOL

Unless you have people around you that you do not wish to disturb at home, or you don't want them to disturb you, I'd recommend an open can instead.

Since you plan to get an amp, get a harder to drive headphone? *lol*

Nah, whatever suits your tastes. Do check out the Goldring DR150. Its price to performance ratio is amazing, but most importantly, it must suit your tastes. The CK7, Shure E4G and DR150 all carry different sound signatures, but I'm happy with my Docs :)

hmmm whats the impression of Alessandro MS-1 to u guys?

im pretty interested in it, might go down SE again to try out goldring cos i didnt try tt day i went there :(

Zephyron: hmm quite true, my likings towards the soundings of open and closed cans... i prefer open 1s

i wanted something else instead of IEM cos i have already got my current ATH-CK7 which is great, might sidegrade to either HJE70 or UM1. or maybe upgrade.. depends on my cashflow lol.

will not be using my headphone outdoor due to the headband which will mess up my hair =x lol

and will not be using IEM cos im a rough sleeper, guess a headphone can withstand my rough toasting over my bed.

Edited by ahdui

OTG, CK7 is more than enough IMO.

I sometimes switch to it if I don't need as much isolation as the Shure E4G gives me, and at the same time enjoy the different sound the CK7 has.

At home though, a headphone would be more recommended. Was previously using the recabled SportaPro at home before the Docs :)

hmm finally i decided with MS-1

and might be getting a LD2 together with it.

an recommendations on what kinda player shld i use? i dun wish to use my bulky dvd player nor my ipods

is there any small cd players? or any recommendations

ended up with Alessandro MS2 today, just visited jaben earlier to collect them since last week i booked for 1.

burnt quite a big hole at my pocket :( but another enjoyment lol

cant wait for Little Dot 2+ to arrived.

thx for all the advice and help :)

Edited by ahdui