Sign in to follow this  
heady

PPA v1.1 clone board

Hi, has anyone completed this amp which was bought in a group buy last year. I finally found time to populate the board and got some strange readings from my DMM on it. I am seeking some feedback from others with this board before I start ripping it apart to find the problem.

Thanks.

PPA1_small.jpg

Edited by heady

Alamak. Paiseh, malu only. :blush: Been measuring voltages using the wrong schematics. Used the pin-outs for BUF634 instead of the HA3-5003 and the dual opamp instead of the single opamp.

But I am still interested to hear from those who have built this board before me. Share your experience lah.

Thanks.

Edited by heady

Am now testing the PPA using OPA627 and only 1 buffer per channel. Have not set up the Class A biasing yet.

Sounds very good. Very deep bass, well controlled. Nice separation. And not even run in or Class A yet.

PPA1_01.jpg

Edited by heady

Here is the complete board, with Glassman Buffers, powered by a transformer and a Tread regulator. Jacks are just for testing, no vol pot yet. Now looking for a good case, any recommendations?

Sorry for the messy pic.

PPA11_pre_case2.jpg

I built v2 . I think wanna try out the difference of descrete buffer and glassman buffer

Edited by Kippei

Kippei, can but wait until I case it. :) From what I understand from headfi, there is a difference but very small. This PPA and buffers, I kept for a very long time already. I think almost 1 and half years, from PPA1.1 till now PPAv2.

The sound with OPA327 is merciless to the source. Lousy CD recording makes you want to stop listening immediately. Sometimes, I think we need friendlier equipment... :D