Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

nEar 06 Speakers!

i just got them tonight, i will post a review with pictures as soon as i set them up :)

Edited by fallraen

lol... honestly i thought u were gonna get a pair of iems, think u suddenly shocked everyone when u bought them. Are u gonna post up your classifieds? :D

yes i have finally connected them up, and wow! hahaha even i cleared the mess on my desk to place the speakers and set them up(my mom got a shock when she saw me packing my stuff)! they sound great (well its a understatement but i can't think right now. too tired from carrying the box home haha), but i will write on how they sound tomorrow. (its 2.30am now i still have to goto camp at 6am. heee heee)

iynaix: yea i wanted to get a iem and the speakers but i don't have the budget so i had to well.... set my priorities right.

[Top-Gun]: yes i wanted the 05, but the thing is wilson offered me a "deal you cannot resist" so i got the 06s.... as for the portable amp that i wanted to get, i decided to pass on it as i have nothing much to amp except my discman so i think that can wait. maybe until i get a mp3 player with a true lineout, i just found out that the U3 and portable amps don't work (but i investigate on this on another thread)

wah reeeally very tired now. i think the piccies have to wait till tonight. :)

heya guys here's my take on the nEar06 speakers :)

but first lemme show you the setup....

IPB Image

IPB Image

hehe... alrightie lemme now comment on the sound (outta the box and not burnt in).

CABLE:

the 1/4 to mini cable that i received from wilson is properly grounded and does not have any hissing or strange sounds.

SPEAKER:

the sound reproduction is very accurate, it produces a very natural sound and does not colour the music. music doesn't distort at very high volume! bass, isn't strong and therefore does not muffle or cover the details of certain tracks.

i like this speaker alot as it is produces clear crisp sound. it is excellent for vocal, classical / instrumental tracks. i just listened to a flac track (yue liang tai piao wo de xin - a cover by some chinese guitar dude) on it and it is simply AMAZING, you really have to demo the speakers with flac or CDs to give it justice. all my mp3s sounded sooooooooo different on the speakers but that might be because i'm used to a the budget creative 2.1 speakers + subwoofer blasting away haha, its really a whole new sound stage.

i must add, if you like hip-hop / techno / house / trance (basically bassheads booming type of music) then this is not the speaker for you. this setup doesnt included a subwoofer which i feel is essential for the above mentioned genre (if not the hip-hop / techno / house will lack "body")

however one must take note that, these are monitors and not similar to the creative "multimedia" speakers.

okay so now we know it sounds great with music, i also tested it with movies! haha yes, divx (dvd-rip) movies on my computer. and i really think they work fine too :) the soundtrack came out perfect, the conversations and everything was really clear, i could hear the actors asthough they were infront of me! i felt kinda strange but yes, these speakers work fine with movies too :) i didn't test it on a action movie so i can't say if its good like with shooting and blasting and all but it sounds good so far :)

next thing i tested these on were computer games! haha yes, i played Warcraft 3: TFT (DOTA) on them hahaa... amazing.... i could hear every chop, blast, cut, teleport.... wah i tell you... audiophile dota experience! (to be honest i also used my ms2 to play dota haha).

to conclude, i'm simply blown away by the speakers (and i haven't burnt them in, so it can only get better!) yes, for the price these are seriously value for moneys and if any of you guys wanna get monitors or some seriously good audiophile equipment. demo these babies with your flacs or CDs and you'll see what i mean. but do keep in mind - to each his own. :)

anyone who owns the nEar06s or heard them? any comments?

Edited by fallraen

chan_ryu: sadly to say its connected to my on-board sound card. the white cable isn't connected at all (i only connect it when i use my little dot 2+.) when i want better sound, i'll use my discman or just pop a cd into my notebook :) the thing u see on the pcmcia slot is my network card (the on-board wireless card is well... i suspect fried / cooked, too much bit torrent and high AMD temperatures)

i know i know, i haven't got a good cd-deck to do the speakers justice yet :) but that shall be my next inclusion to the system heh.

topgun: hmmm perhaps i shall add some rubber feet or something, thanks for the tip :) haha the table isnt as long as it looks :) angles of photography my friend.