Sign in to follow this  
Comity2006

P.A Sound System advice

I seriously dont know which board to post this topic. :)) In any case, I'm working on a series of gigs, it's a on-going thing for my personal music project. So the problem is, since most of the times the gigs will be held at a small indoor place which could probaly fit in about 120-150 people, I thought, isnt it better for me to just buy one P.A system that I can handle each time when I'm organizing a gig instead of spending about 300-400SGD to just rent some equipments for each gig. I'm not thinking of straight away of buying the whole system now but maybe in months to come, I'm just doing my research now.

I'm talking about a very simple setup, since I'm dealing with Hip Hop/Drum n Bass/Etc sort of music I dont need any instruments or lots of Mics. I would probaly need 2 loudspeakers, speakerstands, about 4 wired microphones and a 8 channel powered mixer for me to power up the speakers. But the problem is, I'm not so knowledgable on the more technical side of these equipments.

My question is:

1) How should my setup go like?

2) What brand should I look more into?

3) Is there any P.A System package I could look into?

4) Where can I go to get a better idea about these equipments

p/s I saw Stereo Electronics has some karoake system packages going on @ their shop, are those systems applicable too for my application?

Thanks in advance.

i can provide some suggestion of mine but i dun noe much lol

a decent mini mixer like "mackie" i think is gd enuff. i've seen 4-8channels type.

speakers... some simple yet powerful 1 will be PS15 duno which brand lol.

speaker stand i guess u can purchase them together with the speakers

shure's wired microphones r great too.

i think theres a need for 1-2 amps and 1 equaliser.

pardon mi for my lack of knowledge, cos i onced work in a production company for onli 1.5mth to serve my ITP and done quite a number of events and concerts.

Edited by ahdui

Hey! thanks for your reply.

Do you mean this speakers? http://www.nexo-sa.com/asp/catalogue/catalogue.asp?linkid=83

I'll look into it further.

Buying pre-amps and mixers seperately is quite a good idea but i dont know if its really cost effective.

Thanks again for your reply, i'll look into what you just have advice.

More feedback pls!

I may be able to help -_- you're dealing in small gigs,what you need is a pair of decent powerd speakers on tripod. Then add a simple mixer - 4-6 micorphone inputs - and showtime! Forget Nexos, it is a concert grade stuff, too expensive in your type of application. I sent you pm, read it for more details.

yup thats the PS15 i recommend. fantastic and very commonly used in all big production companies including the 1 i worked in b4.

Frankly, you should speak to a professional about this. Albert, who was formerly the front man of Anything Audio, has exited the retail sector but still conducts PA consultation/installation from his home office. You could give him a call at 97543050.