Sign in to follow this  
sabian

What would be the ideal portable speakers?

Hi all

kinda old for this stuff but after speding time here and some PMs with Zeph and meeting Aron, got myself a CK7.

I am thinking of getting an amp and a protable speaker as I travel a bit. Are the travelsound series any good?

Actually as I am typing this, my mind is drifting to an MP3 player as well. Creative Neeon2 and V looks good. For some reason, I am not keen on Apple (no offence to Mac users), kinda get the impression that Apple try to hinder non-Apple formats?

Any advice that I may going down the wrong road?

Aron, I will try not to ask to buy the UM1 when I am next at SE.

Zeph, thanks for your help. Now I know why stock buds suck.

No prob :)

Portable Speakers? None are really all that good, but afbug and I think the Travelsound series do a decent job on things :)

Between the Zen V and Neeon 2, I'll pick the Neeon 2 for the fact that its UMS, not MTP (is an ardent anti-MTP, anti-DRM person)

Hi Zeph

what are the other ums players? I am actually looking @ V Plus instead, did not realise that Neeon and V have no FM.

I kinda prefer Creative, no 'dirty little secrets' surprises, honest value proposition. Not scheming of ways to milk the consumer dry.

I think the CK7 sounds better than when I first got it and I am starting to get used to the sound. Put on stock buds just now and when the song came on, I realised it was not my CK7.

Remember Maxian M800, still kinda split if I shd wait or just jump straight to a DAP....decisions...decisons...more like discipline...discipline.... :innocent:

Having decent earphone w/o DAP or PMP like having a nice car/bike but no road.

But I fid myself trying to shove the CK7 deeper into the ear for a tighter bass... :bash: any remedy, custom earmoulds are out, cost benefit ratio difficult to justify since it's a CK7.

I will take a look @ travelsound when I am back. Not a fussy listener but need something decent and yet portabe. Does SE sell them?

Edited by sabian

The UMS players are usually the little flash players. Im not really sure why, but most of the higher capacity players like bundling in trashy transfer software like itunes, media source etc...

Seeing that you got the CK7, i would say its not really gonna be very easy to find a solution. customs are of course an option, but for a CK7, i honestly do not think they are worth the expense, it would probably be better not to get the customs and get a UE superfi 5 or soemthing around that price range. The ck7 is only semi canal, so you would probably be hard pressed to stuff it any further. The ck7 has lots of bass, but its pretty flabby, that is the sound signature of the ck7.

For sure? I hope you're not mistaking the CX300 for CK7. o_O

CK7 is audio-Technica's titanium cased semi-canal, and its bass is considered Ety thin is not anything, never in huge amounts o_O

actually the bass is better when i wear it upside down like UM1. I dun care if it looks weird....fell asleep with it upside down and it's pretty comfy.

Hi buttie P.L

thanks for the advice, will save up for it.

actually many thanks to afbug, PL & Theory as well, I was picking up a lot of things from their inputs. I may visit Jaben to have a look see. Adelphi to me always abt high end 5 digit HTS...this may change my perception.

I am waiting for the Sep IT Show @ Expo...already pencilled in my leave for that wkend!!! Hope I can sort out which DAP/PMP to get by then.

Speaking of which, the IT show is COMEX, and starts at 31st August. Wonder if either Jaben or Stereo are setting up a booth there...

Hopefully Creative has great offers for ZEN Neeon 2 during COMEX. Looking to replace my Neeon with that.

They should have. The huge booth by the corner, groups moving in and out, long queues, don't you just love Creative's booths at exhibitions?