Sign in to follow this  
genocide

about converting cd to mp3

this is a few question so bear with the reading k :D

1)what porgram u all used to convert ur cd into mp3s???i been reading bout this thing called lame but i dont seem know how to use it ^^;

any 1 experienced able to teach ??i tried the EAC but some how it does not work as well...

2)all this while i been converting my cds with Easy CD-DA Extractor but somehow it does not have the abilty to DB the musiclike windows media player..any idea which converter has them??

thanxs in advance :dance:

^^

This guide is hugely informative. I use EAC with Lame, and the guide walked you through on the download and setup. http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you have a "brand-name" DAP, the installation discs should generally contain the ripping and ID tagging programs - e.g. Mediasource for Creative, Jetaudio for Cowon, Itunes for Apple etc. Using those programs should be a lot easier, as it's basically a 1 click process.

On the other hand, I tried EAC with lame, and I think it produced better results than Creative's Mediasource, especially if you're using VBR encoding. The differences are very slight though.

You have to weigh whether the extra hassles and steps involved with EAC ripping is worth it for you :P

1. This is what I do: I rip and encode using EAC & lame (following the guide)

2. I then manually tag the mp3's using MP3tag (a freeware program).

3. I like to use MP3tag because it allows you to easily include album art into the ID3 tags. So if you have a player that supports album cover art, it's great.

Edited by scanfiend

good enough explaination,will try it at home tonight :D

mp3tag will provide db for u rite??cos i dont really like to use those bundled s/w :P

It uses either FreeDB or Amazon (US or Germany).

Some folks also recommend MediaMonkey. I downloaded & installed it, but found it to be extremely confusing to use :bash: That's just me, I guess.

MP3Tag is extremely easy to use.