Sign in to follow this  
jaskin

Gilmore Lite AND Mint or?

Hi,

I'm definately interested in getting the new Gilmore Lite. I've also been thinking of getting a mint for travel but I don't know if it's a necessity. I'm currently in Toronto and either fiddler or tigger can built one for me. I'll be running the mint off my IPod. Any idea what I should do?

THanks

Jason

I think whether a metamint is makes a significant difference depends on what headphones you're using. But if you decide to go ahead with the mint, i'd recommend getting the two-batteries configuration yes.gif

I have a single 9v MINT that I got from tigger, and I use it with the iPod. I really does complement the iPod's headphone out (no line out), that is if you don't mind lugging around another box. Drives my DT880's with no problems at all too! I would think that the 2x9v batteries MINT would be considerably better. IMO

Gilmore Lite is a totally different amp, unsure.gif

or... PCII (better value used). Gilmore Lite in theory is not in the same league. Even the price is over US$100 more expensive.

My Headsave MINT drives my Etys ER 4S with no problems too! Albeit volume has to be turned up a bit to get the same gain as easier cans. w00t.gif

I have read on Head-Fi that some just use their Etys ER 4P's unamped with an iPod. headphone.gif