Sign in to follow this  
redalf

SR225, SR325i, MS2i

I am currently using SR80 and MS2i, but will like to know how the SR225 and SR325i compares to MS2i. Is MS2i more like 225 or 325i?

Edited by redalf

Think you better try it for yourself would be ideal. Each person taste differs. For eg, some would say the IEM UM1 rocks but others would say UM1 is lousy.

The 325i would be the closest in sound to the MS2i. In my experience, it sounds like a brighter version of the MS2i.

The 225 has less bass and is brighter sounding than the MS2i. It is however, not much brighter sounding than the 325i. Depending on matching equipment, the extra treble energy can be too much.

Where the 225 trounces the other two is in comfort. The plastic earcups are light and confortable and stay on the head much better than the 325i or MS2i.

Should you be thinking of getting another can, I would recommend the 225 as it provides a sound that it not so close to the MS21 sound.

As always, try them out and trust your ears.

I went to Stereo Electronics to try out the 225 and 325i on fri, but didnt get to make a comparison with the MS2i. I find the 325i having a noticibly larger soundstage than the 225, but didnt realise if its brighter than 225. I agree that the weight makes 325i more "tiring" to wear, but it really looks way nicer than the 225.

I also tried AD900 based on Aron's recommendation, which really confused my whole plan of getting another Grado... I think the comfort is a big plus, feels like my whole face is being covered up. Quite like the sound of it, not as bright as the Grados, but its as detailed as the 325 & 225 IMO. Will be seriously considering this...

Thanks to Aron for the recommendation.

Edited by redalf

The 325i would be the closest in sound to the MS2i. In my experience, it sounds like a brighter version of the MS2i.

The 225 has less bass and is brighter sounding than the MS2i. It is however, not much brighter sounding than the 325i. Depending on matching equipment, the extra treble energy can be too much.

Where the 225 trounces the other two is in comfort. The plastic earcups are light and confortable and stay on the head much better than the 325i or MS2i.

Should you be thinking of getting another can, I would recommend the 225 as it provides a sound that it not so close to the MS21 sound.

As always, try them out and trust your ears.

How much is Stereo-Electronic sell the AD-900?

You could pm SE and ask Aron since he's a member of this forum. You should get a discount since you're a member. Therefore, I don't think it's wise for him to publish the price since this forum is accessible to the public (non-members) as well.

Edited by Mackie