Sign in to follow this  
DikiDino

Roughly how much does the E5C cost?

Heard quite a lot of good things about this earphone but mostly no one mentioned the price. I've checked the US site and this dude cost over $500 USD! So after the conversion, it cost around 790sing. Is it true?

Sorry if i sounds noob. Coz i've never heard there's such expensive IEM arounds. LOL

Headphones, yes i understand but IEM... its so small yet so expensive. LOL

Sorry if i sounds noob. Coz i've never heard there's such expensive IEM arounds. LOL

Haha.. The 'ínverse' law applies. The smaller the thing, the more expensive it is. :P

Actually there is a newer model E500 which is retailing about $8xx.

Well there are sme other custom IEM that costs twice of E500. ;)

Thats the "Reccomended Street Price". Due to the introduction of the E500, the street price of the E5 should be about US$300-400 now. The E500 is about $400-500,

There are even more expensive one.

But a headphone sound will win over an IEM sound if u don't mind portability.

IEM looks fragile to me.

Trust me, Shure earphones are nearly indestructible. Once, I had my E5 hanging out my car door and being dragged along the road. When I noticed after a few K's, I pulled it back in and it still worked perfectly fine...

Edited by absolut

Trust me, Shure earphones are nearly indestructible. Once, I had my E5 hanging out my car door and being dragged along the road. When I noticed after a few K's, I pulled it back in and it still worked perfectly fine...

:shocking::shocking:

' date='27 Sep 2006, 07:43 PM' post='80637']

I have a close friend whose e3c's nozzle got broken 3 times..

In 2 years...

SO maybe u guys should try to avoid it, or we are getting a bad production line, who knows?

I didn't have any issues with my E3c when I was still using thoes. Well the E4c's have replaceable nozzles so no issues here. :P

Small to me looked fragile. I had my E2C for just less than 3 months giving me intermittent sound off & on problem on one side.

Luckily it's still under warranty. Sent back to the service centre, they rewired my earphone for me.

Anyway, had already sold it lately.