Sign in to follow this  
zonalblitz_audio

Jaben's Interconnect & Line-out Docks

Why mamba not black??? :rclxub: Who named them? even though it sounds funky and colourful like samba or spicy like sambal...

Looks so nice all... Illusion somemore :lust:

Too bad printing money is illegal and sure get caught one. Die die must go try & then ask Mr W for more friendly :helpsmilie:

Any idea when the new stock of snakes & zen-m connectors will be in? :drool:

Here are more photographs to show the set-ups for iPods & iAudio Users :

iPod Mini + Emmeline SR71 with Mamba-D interconnect

IPB Image

IPB Image

iAudio DAP + Larocco Amplifier with Python-G interconnect

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

*Note : The example set-up for Creative is available in the Announcement thread.

Why mamba not black??? :rclxub: Who named them? even though it sounds funky and colourful like samba or spicy like sambal...

Looks so nice all... Illusion somemore :lust:

Too bad printing money is illegal and sure get caught one. Die die must go try & then ask Mr W for more friendly :helpsmilie:

Any idea when the new stock of snakes & zen-m connectors will be in? :drool:

FYI, some snakes & ZEN-M connector is still available in jaben.

thx to the owner of Larocco for lending us his amp to take some pics lol.

i've tried it last week personally, superb :)

owner's info will nt be revealed.

FYI, some snakes & ZEN-M connector is still available in jaben.

Thx brother Qsilver,

Will chk them out soon. The snakes sure has that seductive glow...

Wow the Larocco looks cool in its brushed metal casing... Too bad no chance to hear it out yet. :lust:

Cheers.

Hi Top-Gun,

1) I got your *La.. message.

2) I believe your take on the snakes, so you got any or all of them? :thumbup:

Hi Ahdui,

Seems Resistance is rather futile in this blackhole of Audio Bliss. I can see the snakes haunting me when I close my eyes soon, ouch. Gotta go visit temp palace again soon.

New tune : Who let the snakes out? ssssss...ssssss... ssssss... :party:

Cheers.

Haha Black Mamba, Brown Burmese Python and Orange Eyelash Viper? :lol: Must have the King.....King Cobra or Taipan.

These really look nice, have to make a trip to Jaben one of these days. Anyone know its approx length and is it possible to have one end L plug and the other straight?

Edited by afbug

they are all 6 inches cables

both ends are all L plugs

u have to check with Uncle Wilson if he can change them to straight on 1 end

I have the great pleasure in purchasing ALL 3 of the interconnects. Why? Not because I have too much money, :)) but because the 3 IC's all have distinct sound signatures, which you can use to your advantage to tweak the sound, especially if you have different headphones or amps at home.

The cables are just the right length for DAP/amp use, and the terminations looked great. And if a move that warms my heart, it's terminated in L-plugs. L plugs are the most suitable for portable use, IMHO. I know that some prefer straight plugs, but from my experience, straight plugs put a fair bit of strain on the jacks of your DAP / amps, and can cause distortion or static if you brush against them (easy to do, especially if you have them in your bag or pouch). One good accidental whack, and you've got a broken jack (and an expensive repair) :blink: L jacks put almost no strain.

I also like the wire sleeves, which can apparently change colour if you look at them from different angles - very cool :P

Now, on to the sound signatures - Bear in mind, that these are only my impressions...YMMV :P My equipment is: ZenVision:M, Govibe, UM2 with customs tips (that's my rig in the glamour shots :P )

1. The Viper

Just like its namesake, it's fast and transparent, and biased towards the highs. It's a "bright" cable.

2. The Mamba

Named after my favourite snake....I would've preferred a black sleeve rather than the original orange one, but hey, you can't have it all :P

Easily my fav IC of the 3, it is a well balanced cable which does well with all genres of music. It paired very well with the Creative ZVM and Govibe.

3. The Python

I felt that it's the bassiest of the 3. I didn't like it much with my ZVM, but it worked great with my iAudio X5L, which has well known bass roll-off from the line-out. This cable would probably work great if you listen to lots of bass-heavy music.