Sign in to follow this  
Bas

Higher Fidelity HF-HA01 HeadPhone Amp

hehe! supposedly, the hum is only audible on low music passages but OTOH, HA01 is 1/2 the price of HA5000. so i guess it boils down to "yous pays your money and yous takes your risks"!

your impression of the L3000 mirrors partially what i'v read. either its just ho hum or its spectacular. perhaps upstream source/amp may have something to do with that? the low impedance of AT cans require hi current amps to realy bring it out (or so i'v read FWIW). the only thing i can be sure of is I LOVE WOODIES! and the L3000 isnt too shabby in the looks dept. either :lust:

if stereo electronics has a HA5000 in stock, i'd bring the L3000 down for a listen if i were u. mite be pleasantly suprized :party:

The L3000 never looked abit shabby in the looks department. In the pictures they may seem somewhat normal but once you see the real thing....Its LOW AND BEHOLD! Beautiful leather with soft and plush earpads.

The L3000 never looked abit shabby in the looks department. In the pictures they may seem somewhat normal but once you see the real thing....Its LOW AND BEHOLD! Beautiful leather with soft and plush earpads.

dude...sounds like we have the perfect ingredients for a GREAT date! me with the WOOD and u with the LEATHER!! Hmmmmmm..........the mind boggles :drool::DD:grin:

dude...sounds like we have the perfect ingredients for a GREAT date! me with the WOOD and u with the LEATHER!! Hmmmmmm..........the mind boggles :drool::DD:grin:

Anything after November 17 is fine for me...Probably can bring along the O2's as well! :))

Anything after November 17 is fine for me...Probably can bring along the O2's as well! :))

Ba@#$&%D!!! Now i know why i hate rich ppl!!! :grin:

hehe! seriously though, would love to do the "hot" date with ya but im stuck up in your friendly neighbour up north (li'l pl called kay ell). 2bad so sad :no: . woulda love to playplay with your leather and new electros (and whatever other nice toyz u have and i do see u have quite a few, B@#$%&*D!!!) :wub: .

ps:i currently have a few days worth of listening time with my newly arrived W5ks. be glad to give u headsup if u'd like :party:

I've been listening to the HA-01 for the past few days, and I notice there isn't any hiss or hum.... funny, dead silent background. ( Will double confirm that after a audiclean session tonight.... hope nothing's wrong with my ears.)

Two days before the HA-01 came, I changed a brand new set of Mullard tubes on my X-can V3, now it's on the reserve bench.

Of course, the previous Tara labs interconnect had to go, didn't seem to do much justice to the HA-01.

Will do a few more session of listening with different brands of headphones, too busy to audition this few days.

I've been listening to the HA-01 for the past few days, and I notice there isn't any hiss or hum.... funny, dead silent background. ( Will double confirm that after a audiclean session tonight.... hope nothing's wrong with my ears.)

Two days before the HA-01 came, I changed a brand new set of Mullard tubes on my X-can V3, now it's on the reserve bench.

Of course, the previous Tara labs interconnect had to go, didn't seem to do much justice to the HA-01.

Will do a few more session of listening with different brands of headphones, too busy to audition this few days.

Do post more comments! I'am really keen on gettting them for AT cans...

Maybe when I'm free I'm try them with the W5000.

yup that would be just great :thumbup: . a comparo with HA01 and other amps with the Audio Technicas would definatly be greatly appreciated.

According to Audio Technica Singapore, it is impossible to have the HA5000 in Singapore or any country that doesn't run 110v, Japan will not make the 220 version and will not sell to any country that will attempt to modify the amp to fit the local 220v as it will compromise the sound quality.

Just a question, for an amp such as HA5000 which runs on 110v, using an external voltage step up step down transformer, will it degrade the SQ?

Just a question, for an amp such as HA5000 which runs on 110v, using an external voltage step up step down transformer, will it degrade the SQ?

According to the engineer, its wouldn't sound the way they intended it to.

I'm quite sure there will be a change, but whether it is a degrade or upgrade, all depends on your hearing.

aron@SE, any update on the HF HA01 with the W5k? very interested to know how they synergize. thxs

Haven't had time to do very serious listening but till now its doing good, still no hiss or hum even with the W5000.

Regular customers who came by to try headphones noticed an improvement from the MF x-can v3/mullard tube, more energy and dynamic than before.

Rather busy lately, but will squeeze some time to try them.

Haven't had time to do very serious listening but till now its doing good, still no hiss or hum even with the W5000.

Regular customers who came by to try headphones noticed an improvement from the MF x-can v3/mullard tube, more energy and dynamic than before.

Rather busy lately, but will squeeze some time to try them.

k. will be eagerly awaiting your review.