Sign in to follow this  
aaron-xp

EP630 + Comply

The EP630 is noted for being a decent canalphone for its price. I agree, but the isolation is rather poor when compared with conventional IEMs. Therefore, I have this:

IPB Image

Using short westone complys (of which I have removed the inner stalks), I managed to get much better isolation (and a better seal). It is also now possible to put it on behind the ear, or the "Shure Style". Not too sure about how it changes the sound, but I have never listened to the EP630 critically (and never intend to).

The EP630 is noted for being a decent canalphone for its price. I agree, but the isolation is rather poor when compared with conventional IEMs. Therefore, I have this:

IPB Image

Using short westone complys (of which I have removed the inner stalks), I managed to get much better isolation (and a better seal). It is also now possible to put it on behind the ear, or the "Shure Style". Not too sure about how it changes the sound, but I have never listened to the EP630 critically (and never intend to).

haha... nice... but E2 foam can also fit in... personally, i use UE Biflange with it and i have added a slider so i can wear it ala shure way...

Does that reduce any bass at all? Or does if just muffles it? Or is it exactly the same?

Nice mod Man!

Call it a failure though. It really muffles the top and botton ends... It must be because the comply tip itself has a smaller "sound hole" which fits the UM1's nozzle, but blocks out the sides of the bigger driver nozzle of the EP630. Will attempt more modding some time later, perhaps after my tests... :P