Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Announcement

Herewith is Wilson's reply to the Moderating team. I believe most of you have not had the chance to read it as the forum was shut down for a while.

Hi,

Whilst it was my intention to answer publicly, I cannot get in. Which may have been better as it would not make it a bigger issue then it already is. It would serve no purpose; after all I am already posted in bad light. Whatever I say will have someone zooming in and then there will be more problems and I so not want to be the cause of it. I will try and make this short but succinct enough. But please realize there certain things that I will not answer as confidentiality is an important part of my business.

As I remember, I was asked whether I was surab or theoRECTAL Scatologist . My answer was "no?are you saying I am". If the question asked of me was whether I knew anything, the answer would be quite different, but I would still not have supplied the details. Asking me to admit what I am not isn't right. Like a journalist who cannot betray his source, I, too cannot do that. I would rather take the fall. This is in line with the other business I am in.

My place has always been very open. It does not matter if it is headphones or my equipment, anybody could come in and use them. Until recently, I allowed Wi-Fi acess. Perhaps you may have seen it perhaps not?but people do use my computer as it is never shut down. My only worry is theft. Since the logs can reflect everything, it can also be seen that I never log out.

In the previous company I worked for, I managed the company's servers and I know that nothing is really ever confidential and it is very easy to track anybody down and everything can be seen by the administrator. I know I can be seen. I was fully aware that PM's in SgHead can be read by anyone with administrator rights.

My passwords are very standard and it is so obvious, and MD5 is a one-way hash and until recently was assumed unbreakable. It only means that the passwords are the same, but my password is really very simple and obvious when people see it.

This may not be the answer you seek or expect but I will not squeal on what I know?I run a business and I have to maintain confidentiality. Everyone is my customer and whatever I know or am told is something I do not release to another person. If I know something and if I can ameliorate the situation then depending on whether the person is receptive, I would try and help out without getting too involved.

I have not even betrayed the confidence extended to me on an occasion for a very important matter and until today nobody knows where I got the information from.

I can be faulted for not talking but I cannot be penalized for something I am not.

This is probably a bad defense in present day context but most people at my age will tend to do the same as I am doing now.

Rgds, Wilson

We have deliberated over all the evidence in hand and also Wilson's reply and concluded that the ban on Jaben will remain in effect. We have considered the possibility of his staff or any other person(s) being the saboteur(s) but Wilson is still responsible for the security of his workstation. Since the beginning, our focus is on Jaben and not individuals and will remain so.

In regard to scanfiend, we have retracted our ban and restored his membership and apologize with our utmost sincerity as there's reasonable doubt that the 'evidence' implicating him are at least questionable.

We hope that all fellow forummers will think objectively and trust that the set of rules and regulations apply to all without prejudice, and serve to protect each and every member and encourage harmony in this forum. We also wish to reiterate the ban on Jaben should not constitute to advising our members against patronage as it's only limited to participation in this forum and nothing more. Service, price and location are the key factors of consideration and not the dealer's status in any forum. This forum has not benefited from any dealer financially, only our members in better discount and pricing, but the Moderating team is grateful nevertheless.

Finally, we will rest our case here and close the chapter for good. Any discussion pertaining to this matter will be removed. We are aware not all will agree on the course of action we undertook nor our final decision. Nevertheless, we respect your choice to stay and continue to grow with us or if you choose to leave, we thank you for your past participation and contribution. Cheers.