Sign in to follow this  
GTMGTM

Etymotic Research ER6i or Shure E2C

Hi,

I have a budget of $250 and looking at the above 2 earphones.

I need help from users of the above 2 earphones to comment on the passive noise cancellation effect when using both earphones on the bus and MRT trains, better, how about onboard flight although I am not very sure both earphones comes with the special adapter to use it on the flight.

FYI. I listen mostly to classical, jazz and R & B music, which above earphones will suit my needs and anyone can recommend a better options than the above 2 earphones.

Any comment or advice are welcome. Thanks.

250 dollars can get u others like westone um1, ultimate ears superfi 3 , and the new audio techinca ck-9.. er6i is better than shure e2c.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I really want a relaible earphone that can at least reduce almost 80% of the noise coming from the buses and MRT. This will be my main concern

think ck9 and im716 is the most value for $ IEM... ck9 is a slightly less detail E4 and im716 is a slightly less detail Er4p in HD mode...

think ck9 and im716 is the most value for $ IEM... ck9 is a slightly less detail E4 and im716 is a slightly less detail Er4p in HD mode...

Hi, Thank you.

How about both ck9 and im716 noise isolation from outside noise from buses and train ride?

Just realise ultimate ears provide dual plug adaptor for super.fi 3, super.fi 5 EB and super.fi 5 Pro, seem like a better buy but unsure of the noise isolation performance

Hi, Thank you.

How about both ck9 and im716 noise isolation from outside noise from buses and train ride?

Just realise ultimate ears provide dual plug adaptor for super.fi 3, super.fi 5 EB and super.fi 5 Pro, seem like a better buy but unsure of the noise isolation performance

both provide good isolation. far better than SF series... buying earphones and headphone isn't about better buy. it about sound quality within your allowed budget... Pls... you need to remember this... All IEM is more than enough to provide isolation from buses, train and airplane ride. and believe it anot, i wore im716 for .38 revolver shoot at hta...

both provide good isolation. far better than SF series... buying earphones and headphone isn't about better buy. it about sound quality within your allowed budget... Pls... you need to remember this... All IEM is more than enough to provide isolation from buses, train and airplane ride. and believe it anot, i wore im716 for .38 revolver shoot at hta...

OT a bit. I though NPCC used to shoot .22?

Cadet level .22 Instructor level .38 as the police using wothout laserpointer.

Wow.. din know got laser pointer now. Getting high tech..

Wow.. din know got laser pointer now. Getting high tech..

.38 S&W with lazer pointer is a new rovolver bought in a few years ago. only spf officials using it. btw, new .22 revolver is coming in. i shoot the new .22 tarus and s&w few weeks ago. very nice feel and barrel can hole 10 bullets... cool :thumbup:

Thank you again.

I read in this forums, seem like the Westone UM1 is well received.

UM1 and ER6i may suit my needs to the music that I am listening, need to go audition it. :thumbup:

.38 S&W with lazer pointer is a new rovolver bought in a few years ago. only spf officials using it. btw, new .22 revolver is coming in. i shoot the new .22 tarus and s&w few weeks ago. very nice feel and barrel can hole 10 bullets... cool :thumbup:

Most prob they brought in the .38 only after I ORD. Never got a chance to shoot it with laser pointer.

GTMGTM: Do take into consideration the build quality of the ER6i though. The cables are thin and fragile.

Most prob they brought in the .38 only after I ORD. Never got a chance to shoot it with laser pointer.

GTMGTM: Do take into consideration the build quality of the ER6i though. The cables are thin and fragile.

Thank you Replay for your point.

UM1 maybe chaeper than ER6i, at the end of the day, the sound reproduction from the IEM will be appreciated at different level from different people. Hence, I think audition it will be the best choice, also, I am a person who does not like to much bass but clarity is critical

UM1 maybe chaeper than ER6i, at the end of the day, the sound reproduction from the IEM will be appreciated at different level from different people. Hence, I think audition it will be the best choice, also, I am a person who does not like to much bass but clarity is critical

yup. do try im716, um1, er6i, ck7, ck9... these are the truly good IEM their price range...

If you like clarity then it'll be ER6i for you. But try out other models theory_87 mentioned too. Or immediately get the ER4.. :))