Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Third Party Westone Customs

Recently I found some pictures of UM56 posted in forums and sent to westone to clarify if they made those and confirmed from Westone labs those were not UM56.

But apparently the user who posted pictures and type UM56 on it did not know.

UM56 owners can e-mail Westone to check if they are interested to know. B)

MOD EDIT: Thought I'd help Aron update this thread with the latest information to warn our forum members.

I have PM the user regarding this matter and due to the fact that pictures of his UM56 is reserved for his forum only, I can only provide everyone with the link.

UM56 pictures

I have sent this picture to Westone earlier this month and the below is their replies.

Aron,

I've never seen a UM56 like this before (build style with the extra plug).

The finish is the rainbow glitter that we can do. We have a few different options on that (silver, gold, rainbow)

- Doug

Westone Music Products Support Team

ph: 1.800.525.5071

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron, Yes I am going to double check and see what this was.

- Doug

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron,

I talked to our lab manager and he said we do not make a mold like this. It is common to the UM56, but we do not use the glitter on the vinyl materials. We can use them on the silicone and acrylic, but not the vinyl. Neither of us are sure what the blue piece on that is either.

- Doug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron,

Here is a link to the UM56: http://www.westone.com/music/universal.html#um56 This shows all the options that are available. We only do them in the vinyl material. Not silicone or acrylic.

- Doug

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarification by owner of customs in question:

To be fair, Wilson of Jaben Network has NEVER represented to me that they were Westone UM56's. I remembered that he had merely said that they were custom earmolds meant for the Westone UM2. It transpired that the first batch of earmolds were sent to another company for fabrication.

Sign in to follow this