Sign in to follow this  
smellybeans

Just bought the LMX-E630DL today..

Just bought the grey flanges for use with my creysns.

May i ask why the flanges don't really seem tight, as compared to my previous EX71 earbuds which kinda acts like a suction when inserted into my ear?

or was it meant to be this way.

Also, why when i play some songs, i can seem to hear a sizzling sound in the background?

Sorry for asking newbie questions, thanks once again :))

Btw, just to add on.

Is there any way to make the earphones sound better & also, how to keep the wires so as to keep it in good condition? Thanks.

Edited by smellybeans

Just bought the grey flanges for use with my creysns.

May i ask why the flanges don't really seem tight, as compared to my previous EX71 earbuds which kinda acts like a suction when inserted into my ear?

or was it meant to be this way.

Also, why when i play some songs, i can seem to hear a sizzling sound in the background?

Sorry for asking newbie questions, thanks once again :))

Btw, just to add on.

Is there any way to make the earphones sound better & also, how to keep the wires so as to keep it in good condition? Thanks.

the cresyn is not known for isolation precisely because it doesn't go in deep enough due to the ball design.

the sizzling could be due to the cresyn being more sensitive. but if during playback it's still noticeable, then perhaps there's a problem.

you can make earphones sound better by adding an amp into your rig, but at the expense of portability. a better option could be to change the earphones altogether to a higher grade pair.

to keep in good condition, it's best to store them in hard cases to prevent pressing, tugging, and folding of the cable.

SE seems to have alternative flanges for your cresyn - http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5914 and http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5916

They will probably give better isolation, though I haven't had the chance to try them out yet...hmm, might give them a try the next time I go down. Not sure if it will fit or not - as ToD said, if it's the ball design blocking it from going in further, then no matter how you push in, also won't fit.

the cresyn is not known for isolation precisely because it doesn't go in deep enough due to the ball design.

the sizzling could be due to the cresyn being more sensitive. but if during playback it's still noticeable, then perhaps there's a problem.

you can make earphones sound better by adding an amp into your rig, but at the expense of portability. a better option could be to change the earphones altogether to a higher grade pair.

to keep in good condition, it's best to store them in hard cases to prevent pressing, tugging, and folding of the cable.

I see, Thanks for clearing most of my doubts.

The sizzling sound is heard quite alot in the background when i'm playing music on my mp3.. why's that so? is there something faulty with the earphones or is it normal?

Is there a affordable amp around recommended that can i get & also hard small casings that can slip right in my pocket? because i am currently using the cresyn pouch. :)

Anyway, i thought i read amps are only necessary for high end iem types? will SQ improve significantly after adding a amp?

Sorry for asking that much :holiday:

SE seems to have alternative flanges for your cresyn - http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5914 and http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5916

They will probably give better isolation, though I haven't had the chance to try them out yet...hmm, might give them a try the next time I go down. Not sure if it will fit or not - as ToD said, if it's the ball design blocking it from going in further, then no matter how you push in, also won't fit.

Yeah, i got the double flanges @ SE for $9 already, thanks for the recommendation. :))

Edited by smellybeans

you should have tried the cresyn on demo at SE to see if the hissing is also present at the same volume. this would have been a clear diagnosis to see if your current set is good.

for the hard case, you can improvise by using any hard storage that you can find in your house. things like jewellery case, watch case, etc. places like daiso should have lots of such things.

for amps below $100, the popular choices here are pocket amp 2 version 2 (pa2v2) and little dot micro+ (ldm+).

Edited by Theatre Of Dreams

you should have tried the cresyn on demo at SE to see if the hissing is also present at the same volume. this would have been a clear diagnosis to see if your current set is good.

for the hard case, you can improvise by using any hard storage that you can find in your house. things like jewellery case, watch case, etc. places like daiso should have lots of such things.

for amps below $100, the popular choices here are pocket amp 2 version 2 (pa2v2) and little dot micro+ (ldm+).

Ok thanks :)

Anyway, i thought i read amps are only necessary for high end iem types? will SQ improve significantly after adding a amp?

personally for me, the improvement by amp on iem is perhaps too marginal to justify the expense of portability. maybe i'm not critical enough a listener yet, too noob. that's why i'm back to the ampless-on-the-move days. but for the audiophiles here, amping works for them, so they don't mind the extra weight.

well i said in the 1st post that a better option would be to upgrade your phones altogether.

for full-sized headphones though, an amplifier can do wonders indeed. since headphones tend to have greater potential, there is more room for improvement.

personally for me, the improvement by amp on iem is perhaps too marginal to justify the expense of portability. maybe i'm not critical enough a listener yet, too noob. that's why i'm back to the ampless-on-the-move days. but for the audiophiles here, amping works for them, so they don't mind the extra weight.

well i said in the 1st post that a better option would be to upgrade your phones altogether.

for full-sized headphones though, an amplifier can do wonders indeed. since headphones tend to have greater potential, there is more room for improvement.

I see , thanks.

Personally am quite satisfied with the cresyn right now :grin: