Sign in to follow this  
nightbreed

Problem with Meizu M6

Some help please? I bought it so that I can play FLAC files. My M6 firmware version S1.009 has FLAC support and the player shipped with 2-3 FLAC files. I went home, deleted all the pre-loaded FLACs and MP3s, and then loaded my MP3s, about 200+. After transfer, I Safely Removed Hardware and the player didn't respond. At first I thought it hung, but now I know it was just processing the files and whatever. But then, at that time, I thought it hung, so I reset the player. Things went wrong from there on.

I dowloaded the latest firmware, S1.010, and flashed the player. Transferred my MP3s and FLACs. PLayed a few MP3s, no problem. Played my FLAC...Lo and behold! the player hung. So, I reset, format, flash a few times with the same result. I went back to the shop, they tried playing my FLAC, and the player hung. Transferred my FLAC to their own player...it hung. And get this...they used their own FLAC (the ones pre-loaded and 1 other one from the internet) and it played with no problem on my player!!! I went home, tried my own FLAC and it hung!! What gives?

I encoded using dBpowerAMP. I already have 2 DAPs without FLAC support (Zen Micro and Apple Shuffle), so I'm gonna be REAL angry if this M6 turns into just another MP3 player.