Sign in to follow this  
atomiccow

Need advice on PC speaker and sound card combo

Thinking of switching from my relatively midrange Altec Lansing vs 5100 5.1 to a high end 2.1. I'd rather have higher quality music than lower quality and surround. Also I need a more manageable system that I can take to college a year and a half later.

Systems I'm thinking of:

Aego - M

Klipsch GMX 2.1

Altec Lansing MX5021

Altec Lansing MX6021

Currently I guess I'm leaning most towards the Aego - M but I don't know how good these are for games or movies. I know Klipsch GMX 2.1 is has bigger and deeper bass so does that mean is it better for movies and games? Also I know, knowing Altec Lansing, both the MX5021 and FX6021 should be ok for all round gaming movie and music use but won't be as good in music as klipsch and Aego M.

Anyone can comment on whether or not the Aego M is ok for gaming and movies?

Second thing I need to know is if I get an Aego M, what type of sound card is good for it. Currently I'm using and Creative Audigy 2 ZS which I may soon sell simply because this card's software has too many problems. I've been using it for at least 2 years though. I was thinking of going to a X-Fi extreme music but from what i hear, this won't be good enough for the Aego M. So i've been thinking about the Auzentech Xplosion 7.1 DTS. What i'm worried about though is that this card can't game well.

So right now i'm kind of in a pickle :yuck::think:. I like high quality music but at the same time I game quite a lot. I'm very much leaning towards the Aego M but again i don't know how good they are for games and movies. Also because i'm leaning towards Aego M, I think i'll need to upgrade to a better sound card. But then again, the only sound cards that are good enough cannot game...