Sign in to follow this  
madsumm

Comparing Creative Xmod and Cutie's Fubar II

Hi,

I'm looking at ways to improve the DAC of my notebook. Was thinking of XMod recently. But recent review of Xmod send me on a scout search again...

I saw Fubar II, and is pretty interested. As I'm looking for something warm and usually listen to Lossless formats, it looks interesting enough for me to reconsider.

Anyone out there would like to offer their views on these 2?

Very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rgds

While the Fubar II just does a straight digital to analogue conversion, the Xmod actually modifies the digital stream before doing the digital to analogue conversion. Any audiophile will tell you that modifying any piece of music in this way is bad.

When you change the bit-depth or sample rate of any recorded piece, you loose data. It's as simple as that. You cannot create detail that wasn't recorded at the studio, something the Xmod's crystallizer tries to do.

Edited by jmmtn4aj

While the Fubar II just does a straight digital to analogue conversion, the Xmod actually modifies the digital stream before doing the digital to analogue conversion. Any audiophile will tell you that modifying any piece of music in this way is bad.

When you change the bit-depth or sample rate of any recorded piece, you loose data. It's as simple as that. You cannot create detail that wasn't recorded at the studio, something the Xmod's crystallizer tries to do.

Nicely said. As with what I was thinking as well.

Guess Fubar II is the way to go then.. :)

Rgds