Sign in to follow this  
bullosa

Besides Crossroads Mylarone.....

I will be in Singapore for a few days next week and plan to get a budget IEM. I was wondering if there are any other IEM that offers high value for money performance besides the Mylarone. The IEMs that will interest me should be reasonably uncolored and reliable (dont breakdown easily under normal usage). Thanks for your time and advice. If you suggest a model, please also let me know what to expect in terms of the cost.

Edited by bullosa

Perhaps an estimated budget? Preference of music? MP3 player that would be using with?

In regards to durability, how do you normal keep your earphones? Do you coil it round and round over your MP3 player?

Perhaps an estimated budget? Preference of music? MP3 player that would be using with?

In regards to durability, how do you normal keep your earphones? Do you coil it round and round over your MP3 player?

My budget is about $100 and I use my PDA as my MP3 player. I dont have a dedicated MP3 player and I dont coil cables on a tight loop. I know they break easy. :( I listen to acoustic or live recordings mostly. Thx again.

Popular choices for your case IMO would be the AKG K324P and the Audio Technica ATH-CK7.

Both models uses dynamic drivers built to last longer in hot/wet weather condition like Singapore.

Armature and mylar drivers are very sensitive to moisture which also explains why I received quite a few faulty armature IEMs during the Dec - Jan rainy season. A good earphone case is highly recommended for them.

In regards to sound quality, please don't take my word for it, try them when you're here in Singapore. Who knows? You might end up buying something I didn't recommend.