Sign in to follow this  
snowparang

PC audio questions

if it distorts, try lowering the master volume and wave volume on windows. then increase your speaker volume. i found that my older soundcard distorts with higher windows volume.

yup, tried that. even at barely audible vol I can still hear the distortions...

The distortion is most likely from bad driver compatiblity.

Something like the Audigy 1 or 2 platinum should suit.

The thing about the 'platinum' is that it has a whole host of connectors on a panel that can slot into the front of the machines 5 1/4inch bay. I expect you would like that as you don’t have to go round the back with a torch to plug ur headphones in headphone.gif

To get any better sound quality you really have to spend allot more. The Audigy range all have very good quality for the money.

But if you do want to spend the money I would happily recommend the Edirol DA2496 to you. It has an extremely low jitter clock. I recently upgraded from an Audigy 2 Plat to that.

Happy listening!~

Edited by Tenson

The distortion is most likely from bad driver compatiblity.

Something like the Audigy 1 or 2 platinum should suit.

The thing about the 'platinum' is that it has a whole host of connectors on a panel that can slot into the front of the machines 5 1/4inch bay. I expect you would like that as you don’t have to go round the back with a torch to plug ur headphones in headphone.gif

To get any better sound quality you really have to spend allot more. The Audigy range all have very good quality for the money.

But if you do want to spend the money I would happily recommend the Edirol DA2496 to you. It has an extremely low jitter clock. I recently upgraded from an Audigy 2 Plat to that.

Happy listening!~

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif a bit more money?!?! That alone cost more than my pc setup....

audio, what do you mean sound the same to you?

I got rid of onboard and stated using my SonicXplosion wub.gif . Never buy creative SB crap.