Sign in to follow this  
littleliar

getting headphones, need advice!

hey audiophiles,

im new here and i heard there are many like-minded people here in sgHeadphones who know nothing short about high quality sound :) i wanna get headphones (not small earphones) for my new audio player, but i realised that typical headphones have obvious flaws. some of the salient features im looking out for:

- adequate noise cancelling so that surrounding noise doesnt interrupt my listening

- have headphone jacks that are small, like those that fit into protable audio players

- deep bass

- not seen commonly, wires that are of a comfortable and portable length, since most headphones i saw were meant for desktops and are like 2m+ long

- stylish looking and at a reasonable price, of course

does anyone have a solution to my headphone headache? could someone recommend a good model or brand of headphones? it'll be best if i could know the place where i can get the headphones.

i'll treat the saviour of mine to lunch :)

cheerios

bernard

AKG K81DJ, Slightly more than a hundred bucks.

Can try the ATH-ES7 ($180+) too. If not can go for the Sennheiser HD280Pro ($200+)

If size not concern the ATH-A700 or ATH-A900.

Whats your budget anyways

Can buy at Jaben (Adelphi 4th floor) or Stereo Electronics (Causeway point @ Woodlands, 4th floor).

Edited by DemonicAngelz

- adequate noise cancelling so that surrounding noise doesnt interrupt my listening

- have headphone jacks that are small, like those that fit into protable audio players

- deep bass

- not seen commonly, wires that are of a comfortable and portable length, since most headphones i saw were meant for desktops and are like 2m+ long

- stylish looking and at a reasonable price, of course

hmm... i suppose a little liar is better than a big one... *grin*

anyways...

do consider the AKG K81DJ / K518DJ (they are the same, the K81 is silver and black while the K518 is black and black)

1. "adequate noise cancelling" - check (it provides sufficient isolation to enjoy music while on public transport)

2. "headphone jacks that are small" - check (it even comes with adapter to convert the 1/8" jack to 1/4")

3. "deep bass" - check (deep bass is a defining feature of the K81 *evil grin*)

4. "wires of a portable length" - not check (but wire length is easily fixed with a SmartWrap or SyncWrap)

5. "stylish looking and at a reasonable price" - check (*I* think it looks cool and at a little over a hundred dollars, it's good value)

er, hi. Though i do not own one, i've tried the creative noise cancelling headphones. I think it is pretty good.

Deep bass and noise cancelling? Haha try IEMs man. They will do the job. How abt beyer DTX50 or the Myler editions? Both can cancel abt 15 dbs.