Sign in to follow this  
imp0ssibled

ATH SJ5 vs K81DJ

hi, anyone tried b4 these 2 headphones b4? is the sj5 a more comfortable headphone than k81dj, but with similiar sound to it like the heavy bass etc? i guess im a basshead, i like the bass of the akg, but find it uncomfortable to wear as its clamping is bad....also where is the sj5 sold in sg? or are there other headphones recommended for bassheads?

thx

haven't tried the SJ5, but i've tried the SJ3 (similar, i guess). Sound quality wise, it's a no-contest. K81 wins. Comfort wise, SJ3 is more comfortable. Both are supra-aural but the SJ3 comes with significantly less clamp force.

on the other hand, K81 can be 'seasoned' to become more comfie. search for advice in sgheadphones or at head-fi. plenty of people have posted about it (or is it mainly me? *grin*)

also, this thread probably belongs to the portable forum. can't see any1 using either of these phones for home use...

I've enquired about SJ5 with Audio-Technica a few months ago, and their reply was that they're not bringing this model in. I bought a Beyerdynamic since then :)

I've enquired about SJ5 with Audio-Technica a few months ago, and their reply was that they're not bringing this model in. I bought a Beyerdynamic since then :)

which model did you buy then?

which model did you buy then?

DT231. But I think you might not like this if you like lots of bass. And its not foldable.

the local audio technica is not bringing in SJ5. we brought in a few pieces from japan, selling at $79 (no gst).