kongxh

Equation Audio Tools RP-21

Hi guys,

do you know of anywhere in Singapore that sells Equation Audio? I'm looking for the Equation Audio RP-21 but they dont seem to have a distributor in Singapore!

Amazon.com sells it, but doesnt ship to Singapore - so it would have to be vPosted

Or does anyone already own a pair? How does it compare with the rest?

If you can't find them in Singapore, you can always have Amazon ship them via V-post. This service by Singapore Post gives an US address to ship to and forwards the package (for a fee).

yeah Singapura, i think that would be one of my only few options if there's really no place locally that sells it. only problem is that i would be buying 100% based on reviews/user feedback without having actually tried on a pair

yeah Singapura, i think that would be one of my only few options if there's really no place locally that sells it. only problem is that i would be buying 100% based on reviews/user feedback without having actually tried on a pair

yeah im also looking for this headphone model too....read good reviews from head-fi forums.....

hi guys,

i've managed to contact a guy in the US who sells the RP-21 (thanks ihyr2 for the contact).

he sells them for US$93 + 28 shipping and 93 + 10 for every additional pair

anyone interested?

Greeting from Jakarta,

I haven't been here for a while so I really don't know the current situation.

Anyway, I happen to know the SE distributor for equation audio, I might do some group buy..

let me know if anyone interested, I will put in another thread the details..

Some quick perspective on this headphone.

The RP-21 is not the last word in refinement, but represents very good value for the money (at current US street prices) and does many things right for closed cans.

PLUS

Good mids, non-fatiguing highs and solid bass performance. Isolation is OK, but not great for closed cans.

MINUS

Pleather ear pads that quickly 'suffocate' the ears in our tropical climate. This however, is the same problem with many other closed cans having pleather pads.

Oh yeah, the orange/mango coloured ear cups don't quite float my boat as well. :(

In summary:

Of my 3 closed cans, the AKG K271S is my preferred closed can overall, but costs a bit more. And I would rate the Beyerdynamic DT250 next ahead of the RP-21 for sound & comfort (velour pad make all the difference).

Hope this helps.

Edited by tbln

I will suggest get from local store if they are selling. You don't have to worry about warranty issue if anything happen.