Sign in to follow this  
tbln

IC: Singlepower Extreme Platinum

Due to the recent arrival of a new balanced amp, I have to take the decision to cull the herd.

As I spend more time listening only to my bedside rig, I have decided to put this excellent amp (used in secondary rig) up for sale.

IPB Image

The Extreme Platinum is powerful and delivers a sonically exhilarating delivery. My impressions of the amp and more pics can be found here: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=7960

It is able to drive almost any headphone with authority, but for my musical tastes, I find great synergy with Senn HD580/600/650, AKG 701 and Beyer DT880/990.

The tube rolling capabilty allows you to tweak the sound to your preferences.

This is the upgraded Platinum version of the Extreme which contains the following upgrades:

Piltron Transformer

Black Gate Cathode Capacitors

Black Gate Power Capacitors

ECC type 1 adaptor for use with 12AT7, 12AU7,5814, 5965,6414, 6829 and 7062 tubes.

Details are as follows:

Received the amp 16 June 2007.

Three year warranty by Singlepower.

Total number of hours used, including burn in, no more than 400 hours.

Amp is in great original condition as received.

Am looking to sell the amp together with additional tubes that I had bought for rolling (no use for them now):

Entire package =

1 X Singlepower Extreme Platinum amp (USD 1,899) w Neutrik locking headphone jack (USD 99) + shipping (USD140).

1 X additional power supply

1 X ECC1 adaptor

2 X NOS RCA 6080

1 X NOS 6SN7

1 X NOS 6414

2 X power cord supplied

Original shipping carton

Additional premium tubes for rolling (S$300 cost). All tube NOS, bought new and used only with this amp.-

2 X NOS JAN 6AS7

2 X NOS JAN 6080

1 X NOS Siemens E82CC

1 X NOS RCA Cleartop 12 AU7

I paid a little over total of $3,800 for everything including $200 GST (USD was 1.55 when I paid). :cry:

My sale price = S$3,100 with additional tubes. My loss, your gain.

Would be open to trades with top ups on either side. Possible items of interest include Edition 9, L3000 or other balanced headphones. Not interested in IEMS, portable amps or DAP players.

Not a fire sale, so please do not be offended if I do not reply to lowball offers. :grin:

Edited by tbln