Sign in to follow this  
trashley

er6i? er4p? sf5pro?

hi,

i'm looking to get a new pair of IEMs and i've narrowed it down to the above 3.

i prefer a wide soundstage, clear mids. something like the sound signature of aego-m.

source: iphone - alac, 320kps mp3, vbr mp3

genre of music: pop, rock, jazz, r&b, instrumental (basically everything)

i would be dropping by jaben to try them but would also like to hear some opinions from u guys.

cheerios

Edited by trashley

Guest dragonboy

I'm using the er6i now. Not the type that most people will like but i feel that it probably have the best vocals at that price range... may not be too suitable for u if u like bass coz its pretty flat. SF5pro is an all rounder if u have no problem fitting coz the last time when my friend tried at ST, he had problem fitting in.... so end up buying the UM-1. I think u should try the SF5 pro coz when ever i play linkin park on my 6i, i always hope that i have bought the 5pro. But of course, u can never have the best of both worlds.

i'm not much of a bass head.

would prefer it blending with the music rather than the "thump thump thump" type

In that case, you should try the SF5Pro with ES2 cables.

i'm leaning towards the sf5pro now. will make my final decision after i audition them all.

thanks guys.

btw, keep the opinions coming.

any other phones to recommend at the price range of $150-$250?

i'm leaning towards the sf5pro now. will make my final decision after i audition them all.

thanks guys.

btw, keep the opinions coming.

any other phones to recommend at the price range of $150-$250?

the sf5pro & er4p are beyond your $250 budget.

those within your budget which deserve serious comparisons are:

Ety ER6i

UE SF3

Westone UM1

Shure SE110

happy hunting!

Guest dragonboy

My friend's SF5pro broke down in less than a year. One of the driver doesn't seem to be working as the sf5 is warranty for 2 yrs, it was replaced for free.

It could be due to his rough usage but anyway good luck if you intend to buy online.

sf5pro is so overpriced in sg.

its on promotion now, i can get them for $200 with shipping. lets say sending them back to US cost ard $50 each time, dun think it will break down more than 5times within 2yrs bah.

sf5pro is so overpriced in sg.

its on promotion now, i can get them for $200 with shipping. lets say sending them back to US cost ard $50 each time, dun think it will break down more than 5times within 2yrs bah.

It's more of the hassle in case it doesn't work well the first few days, if not, I don't think there should be any problem. And if your cables have problems or are damaged, you can always replace them locally without shipping them back to the US.

Guest dragonboy

Hi dcarter, how long does it take for the sending in & back process? Do they repair or is it an exchange?

Sending back takes about a week by normal mail. There are faster options, such as air parcel, but of course they are more expensive.

Once UE receives it, they will send a replacement within a week.

Guest dragonboy

That's pretty fast.... I'm ok with the normal mail. Maybe i'll try to buy ER-4p online.... I don't think will be so "heng". Toto & 4D also never kana consolation. :dance: