aristofeles

With of this phones should I buy?

I'm looking for a good in-ear phone, but where I live I don't have many options both in diversity and price (brazil). I will use it on noisy environments (like inside a bus on rush hour), so good noise cancelation is welcome. It's impossible for me to test any of this phones before I buy it.

So from this list, and this list only, what would you recommend?

Creative EP 630 - $37

Sony EX71 - $50

Sony EX82 - $61

Sony EX85 SL - $76

Audio Technica CK52 - $64

Audio Technica CK6 - $74

But anything I buy overseas, here, will cost me a little more than 100% of taxes when I get - and I may never receive it, the mail service just say they never received the item in the first place and that's it. Both happened to me already. :(

But anything I buy overseas, here, will cost me a little more than 100% of taxes when I get - and I may never receive it, the mail service just say they never received the item in the first place and that's it. Both happened to me already. :(

well tat sucks!

how does anyone import anything into your country?

Yo man, sorry to hear about your incident. That case I will vouch for Creative EP630.

My experience with Sony EX series are known to have excellent bass for trance, house & techno but vocals and rock music sounded muddy to my liking hence I prefer an EP630.

For isolation, I find them more or less the same. CK6 is available for demo at Stereo Electronics if I recall correctly. A tip is to stretch the stock flanges back till the shiny grill is exposed and see if it gets better. I usually do it with the next larger size meaning before stretching, if M will fit, I will use an L (largest) and apply stretching and test if it fits.

Another is ask for Bi Flanges either from Stereo Electronics (Causeway Pt. 4th floor, Woodlands) or Jaben (Aldephi, 4th floor) opposite of Funan, City Hall. Just my 2 cents worth, hope you find what you are looking for. :grin:

Sony EX85 SL - $76 - Just bought it. Find that it suit me best compared to

Creative EP 630, Sony EX71, Sony EX82. I have all the Earphones.

how does anyone import anything?

It’s easy: we know the risk. Take this as an example: I would ask them to declare a value below $50 so there should be no taxes. Sometimes they still charge it so it will be expensive, too bad, it happens, it’s not like I have any choice. Sometimes they just steel it, too bad, it happens too.

That’s why the 40G PS3 costs about $1.222 dollars here.

Edit: Just brought the Sony 85. Thanks everyone!

Edited by aristofeles