Sign in to follow this  
vodka

Earphone Recomendation

I don't think it will be below $600. But the main thing is we won't even know when it be available. I had been calling SE & jaben till they're i bit pissed off by me. :cry:

SE say ... coming soon ....coming soon since april 2007.... i think must wait long long :grin:

o haha , well guesse maybe i will stick with either the ue super.fi 5 or the um2 , maybe can consider the super.fi 5 eb also , anyone know how is the bass like?

Guest dragonboy

To me, it is almost like eating food with too much chilli.... U can't really taste what you're eating. But if you like the bass from sony's EX-71 or sennheiser cx-300, you'll probably may fall in love with the 5EB. :dance:

Guest dragonboy

Yeap . Um-2 bass is just fine. But whether is it less or over depends on your personal taste. :dance:

Guest Cruise

I thought UM2's bass is powerful.. Having said that, I have used the UM2s for 2 years before selling because I wanted to explore other phones and also the expiring warranty.. I must say the bass is really deep and controlled, and to my liking :)

I don't quite like the sound of Superfi5pro as it sounds artificial as compared to UM2. Another factor is the fit.. Superfi5pro sticks out from the ear and doesn't fit that well.. Wheras for UM2, it sits nicely in your ears.. So you might want to think about that..

Finally, the wire :) UM2 has one of the most flexible and durable wires since I have started using earphones.. I can't say much of Superfi5pro though because I don't own them enough to justify.

With all said, it might seem like I'm a UM2 fanboy.. Well, I'm just quoting base on my preferences.. Give them both a try and do keep in mind your taste of sound/comfort & fitting/built/budget respectively. I think you won't go wrong with it :)

haha i think im getting the um2 already unless i find smth else that suites my taste , maybe also an amp with it soon after my purchase . does it work well with a portable amp and eqing?

Edited by vodka

Guest dragonboy

You could try the xenos RHP now on promo at SE for only $69. Quite a good match with UM-2 but dunno still got stocks :think:

o cant get it now , maybe after few days of owning the um2 i will see .

i saw the visely which looked gd but not sure bout sound though , anyone owe a visely amp?

Guest Cruise

Don't expect a vase improvement from amps.. Not even the Hornet M..

I used to own them before and I don't see much improvement to keep them..

eh i just realised my um2 sounds abit one sided anyway to test? anyway got it for a steal at 250 although its kinda old