Sign in to follow this  
Dexter

Replacement for CK7?

Hi All

My 2 yr old CK7 suddenly broke down i.e. one side is not working anymore. I am thinking of replacing with another model or brand. I am looking for some thing that has nice tight bass and not too high piercing treble. I am using an Ipod and listne to mostly pop, jazz and club music. My budget is 200ish.

Pls suggest some for me to audition.

Thanks

From CK7 onwards, you can consider UE Super. Fi 5 pro. It's an improvement over to dual drivers. If your budget doesn't allow for a 1st hand, you can try auditioning it first before deciding to pick it up in the classifieds. I have seen a few used Super. Fi pro at 200+- still under warranty over at Jaben classifieds. It's a pretty attractive deal.

Edited by Slumber

Guest dragonboy

Just in case if you intend to pick up a used 5pro, few common fault that you should check.

1) Durability of the memory cable which is the hard wire that goes over your ears

2) Slight crack housing due to ex-owner pushing the westone es cable in.

3) Earphones are not exposed to water or moist environment. If the 5pro sound imbalanced, like difting to one side then chances of breaking down very soon is extremely high.

On the whole, the 5pro is a fantastic earphones.... most of the problems listed on top are normally due to misused. It is just for your info if you intend to buy used.

I feel that the 3 studio can already do it's job. Single amature driver with impressive vocals and layered separation with tight bass. You can own a new 3studio for abt $150. Some may feel that the 5pro bass maybe slightly a bit overdo...... but that's really very subjective. Give both a try and see happens. :smoke:

hi dexter, had the same problem as you sometime in Dec. brought it down to Jaben and Uncle Wilson saved my beloved CK7s! you might want to bring it down to get it checked out.

Guest dragonboy

hi dexter, had the same problem as you sometime in Dec. brought it down to Jaben and Uncle Wilson saved my beloved CK7s! you might want to bring it down to get it checked out.

Hi, sputnik00 what's the costs we're looking at?

Guest dragonboy

5pro new is $300++ .... 3studio $150+ . Try both and see what happens.

Hi Friends

I have gotten a replacement for CK7 today and its a Senn CX95. I went to a shop in HK Mongkok which specialize in earphones, headphones and amps. So as per what is mentioned in this thread and forum, I tried at least 6 earphones. The candidates are CK9, Denon 551, Denon 700, UM1, Jay D (forgetten model), Shure ES210, UE Superfi5 Pro, UE fi Studio and UM1. Shortlisted Jay D, UM1 and Senn 95 at the end. In fact the last duel was between Senn and West. So I was switching back and forth between these 2 on my iPOd and the winner goes to CX95 for the bass that I want and I find it pretty good for covering my pop,jazz, classical, club and hip hop collection.

Senn 95 cost me HKD 960 and Superfi 5 Pro is HKD 1920, UM1 HKD 890 if you are interested to compare prices. Anyway as per spuntik00 I will bring my CK7 to Jaben sometime soon when I swing by Singapore to have it replace. The fault lies with a loose wire is at the jack area.

Thanks to all for your contribution & happy listening. :rclxms:

Edited by Dexter