Sign in to follow this  
williamneo

DIY State of Art Grado RA1? Beginner Learn here!

Hmm. Your power supply only that one 0.1uF cap? For power, you can place a good electrolytic cap 470uF in parallel to that cap.

For the hiss, I think you are using IEMs or sensitive headphones? You can try lower the gain. But the better idea is to build something better. A CMOY is only an exercise in learning to diy and to whet the appetite for bigger things to come.

Try building a Mini3.

My power supply has the 330uF electrolytic Caps already. Not just the 0.1uF caps. Maybe I will try getting a good electrolytic cap from Burlington Sq.

I'm using IEMs - Shure SE530. I am interested in the Mini3. Where do I get schematics for that? Will be an interesting project..

OK. Had the chance to test the virtual ground today with the TLE2426. At first when I turned it on, I was very surprised to find that the hissing is a LOT less. Sound was improved ..

BUT...

The TLE2426 was running very, very hot. When I touched it, it burned my fingers! So I turned it off. After it cooled, I turned it on again and the sound was very, very badly distorted already.

I had another TLE2426 and I replaced it. Same thing. At first the sound was very good but it heated up very badly. Don't know what's causing it. I used the 220uF cap, 25V in parallel with it.

Now I'm back to the original power supply. Hissing sounds like the sea man :-( Going to try to lower the gain with 90kOhm resistor instead.