Sign in to follow this  
branzzz

new and old ibasso p2s are different?

my previous 2 month old p2 konked out on me suddenly. the unit could not be turned on or charged at all. stereo very graciously exchanged for a new p2. i only exchanged the p2 unit itself as i went down to stereo straight after the first unit died. i took a listen at the new replacement p2 i received, and to my delight, it actually sounds much better than my previous p2. the previous unit did not have alot of run time so it was not really 'burned in'. the new p2 sounds much more open and i just love the SQ that's coming out of my triple fis now. exactly the sound i'm looking for. a check with the internal circuitry shows that the op amp used in the newer p2 is different from the older p2. the battery is different as well. the new one has a smaller lithium battery that's wrapped in blue as compared to the exposed twin cells of the older one. i have no idea what the diff in battery does, except that the old charger which i did not exchange, does not seem to work on the new amp. there are two led lights indicating charging, and fully charged. on the old system, the red light is illuminated constantly when the charger is plugged in and the green light only comes on when the batts are fully charged. however when using the new amp with the old charger, the red LED keeps blinking. i've left it on overnight and the green charged light never came on. will be changing the charger asap as well.

just to elaborate on the sound change: bass is much improved, there is more weight, and yet more clarity. the treble feels very fine and beautified. midrange is somehow brought more forward.

Edited by branzzz

It's true the newer batches are improved, that's why I told you someone traded in the xxxxxx for the P2 earlier, anyway I didn't know the old charger couldn't work with the new P2, pai seh....

i'm very delighted, and i must say, in all my encounters, stereo's customer service has been top notch. will bring the charger back asap. :))

Edited by branzzz

Guest dragonboy

All my visits to stereo had always been more than pleasant too. No pushy sales :party: